Hive Fleet Vindico - Hive Tyrant WiP

Meatcaber

Alrighty peeps!

Been working on my Tyranid project for a while now. So far I have painted Old One Eye, 3 Warriors and 24 Termagants, plus 20 Genestealers which I am also currently working on. 

Have been concentrating on my Hive Tyrant for the last couple of days and have mostly finished him. Wings are finished. Here's what else I have done, think I need some advice on how to finish him though. Generally happy with how it's turned out but I made a bit of a mess with the guns - maybe if he gets better options in the Codex I can rip them off and give him something better. 

IMG_20171012_155941.jpg

IMG_20171012_160113.jpg

IMG_20171012_161159.jpg

IMG_20171012_161237.jpg

IMG_20171012_162758.jpg

IMG_20171012_163321.jpg

I've put two photo's of his legs up to show the spikes on his thigh carapace and the spikes coming out the back of his calves, should I paint them or leave them? 

Don't want to paint the thigh spikes a bone colour like his weapons and claws as I think it won't look right, but the ones on his calves would probably be okay like that. 

Then there's a lovely close up of the groin! There's like little bubble thingies running up his tail and I'm not sure what to do with them, should I paint them red or make them 'pop' in some other way? Or paint them a bone colour, or leave them?

Would appreciate some criticism or idea's on how to proceed :)

Cheers!

I love the colors, great combination. I think painting the spikes purple would be the way to go. I feel if they were bone colored they would draw the eye away from the gun, which is a nice focal point for the mini overall.

Know what I mean?

Edited by Thrall_Love

I know what you mean, just a shame I made a mess of his guns though. When the codex comes out next month I may replace them with something better if there's the option to. 

Think giving the thigh-spikes a pink drybrush would make them stand out a little more but still be a part of the carapace. I'll do the spikes on the back of his legs a bone colour like the rest of claws/weapons.

That just leaves the 'spots' on his tail - I could highlight them a light green just to differentiate them from the rest of the flesh. I could paint them a bone colour or paint them red...  Which do you think would work best?

Have painted a scenic base for him but wanna get the whole model finished before gluing it all together. Will try and get him completed over the weekend.

Hive Tyrant finished! 

Started work on 2 Broodlords, only pics of one, some ripper swarms and some Genestealers (these I bought "painted" and just working on making them semi-presentable). After these I still have 2 Carnifex, a Trygon Prime and a Mawloc... Once they're all done my 1500 army will be fully painted! 

Oh i love the purple and green combo, very cool!

Cheers buddy 8)

Just the bases to finish, stuff is my parents but will be visiting soon

Got 20 Genestealers coming up next!