Conversion idea for Savlar/Scavvie Ratlings

Lord_Caerolion

Given the codex has shown how fitting the Genestealer Cult parts are for Savlar models, it got me thinking about the rest of the range. What do people think of the idea of using "humanised" Acolyte Hybrids, with extended autoguns from the Neophyte kit, to count as Ratlings, being the Scavvies and mutants rounded up from the depths of the mining facilities?

I'm just worried they might look a bit too bulky, but I plan on making them look as sickly and pathetic as possible. Do you think this idea could fit?

I think if it's clear that you've made a good effort to create a cool and fluffy unit rather than tried to exploit something, then nobody will give you a hard time.

You might also want to look at the Kroot for some suitable rifles and other parts, and WHFB Ghouls have some interesting heads that you might find useful too. Finally, if you want some small plastic mutie-looking models, the Hobbit Goblins kit is really good value! :)

I dont see how a bigger model can be called exploiting for advantage ^^. As for bulky etc, I can 100% say that your opponent will never have a problem with you using a model thats bigger then the model sold by GW for the same purpose so long as its obvious what it is (ie a sniper, a destroyer tank hunter, a chimera, etc). I myself am getting some proxy snipers that look simular to DKK to run as ratlings, they are human size etc, but they fit the theme of my army, I would be suprised if anyone called me out on it beyond the most extreme end of player.

100% cool idea my friend, I would love to see the end result too if you go ahead with it aswell :)

(same goes for the beastmen conscript idea)

Oh, I was more meaning bulky as in "too buff for a S2/T2 unit of sniper-hobbits". I'll try to pick up a box tomorrow, and see what I can do.

Could just say they are not trained in fighting hand to hand because they are snipers, if its a chem army, you could say their drugs make them look tough but actually not :)

As the mechanicus adepts say "its science, i aint gotta explain bleep" :D

Well, having raided my bitz-box for some choice parts, the Scavvies of the 9th Savlar "Scrap Rats" Infantry Battalion, of the [Redacted by order of the Holy Inquisition] Crusade, are finally assembled. I'll try to get some photos up soon, and eventually even some paint.