Doomguy Crimson Fists 2nd Company

Doomguy

Good morning B&C!

After years of lurking I decided to share my own works.

I started the hobby with AoBR set at the end of 5th edition era, and then I paused for 4 years due to “other business commitment”.

Now I’m starting again with assembling, painting and, of course, playing.

Premise: I’m not a good painter at all and to be 100% honest,   I am not gifted at all for everything that concern painting, drawing and art in general.

Well, my army is the Crimson Fists 2nd Company, aided by elements from other companies (   veterans, terminators, scouts, etc) .

The current list of minis is the following , with current status indicated in parenthesis :

-   Captain  Sebastian power sword/relic blade and plasma pistol. He can be equipped with jump pack. (Fully painted).

-     Lieutenant Diego Simon Bolivar , equipped with combi-melta and power fist. One of my favorite model, especially after he killed in hand to hand combat the Khorne daemon Uraka and survived a charge from 10 Khorne berserkers in the same game. HE can be equipped with a jump pack. (Details on models and bases to be finished )

-  11 terminators, lead by veteran sergeant brother Francisco Scaramanga.(  Painting on going for 6 models, including special weapons )

-   Two librarian (primed)

-   An emperor champion, that will be played as a chapter champion (primed)

-   Brother Vazquez de Coronado, interred as Dreadnought  in 982.M38 ( AoBR model, fully painted. I’m looking for a way to fix twin linked autocannon without cutting peg or using magnets. Suggestions are welcome).

-   Tactical squad Ater (ten men), this is the AoBR squad. (fully painted)

-   Tactical squad Vengeance ( ten men), lead by Veteran Sergeant Sebastian de Soto. Special weapons: plasma gun and heavy bolter (fully painted)

-    5-man scout squad,  unnamed. Armed with sniper rifle and missile launcher, this squad provides support for reconnaissance, infiltration and sabotage missions (fluff story. Actually I use them mainly for holding objectives…) (fully painted)

-   Devastator   squad ( 5 men)with missile launchers ( fully painted)

-   Devastator   squad ( 5 men)with heavy bolters (primed)

-   Devastator   squad ( 5 men)with Lascannon ( assembled, waiting for FW shoulder pads)

-   5-men Vanguard veteran squad, ( base color only)

-   10 men assault squad ( painted up to wash with Drakenhof)

-    3 rhino/razorback (two fully painted, one under assembly)

-    2 predators tanks: Wrath of Rynn (completed) and Iron Soul ( under assembly)

-    1 Storm Talon, completed, unnamed. ( fully painted, waiting for inspiration for a bases)

-    1 Land speeder. (Fully magnetized and painted)

-    1 land raider. Magnetized for switching between crusader and redeemer version. (fully painted)

Oh, and last,  there is also a Primaris marine, as symbol of renewed “spiritual liege”.

Sorry for bad pictures, I’m still learning using camera for portraying minis and I have also to create a light box. Then I will post pictures of my finished minis.

Now, some pics of the WIP

1st pictures:  Lieutenant  Bolivar, a  primaris marine ( primaris are huge! they seems a different scale) and brother Heracles

comparison

Devastator sergeant. he will lead lascannon squad

Dev sergeant

and two of his men

lascannon

heavy bolter squad assembled

heavy bolter squad

librarian: warp made a bad joke on this guy :biggrin.:

librarian Wip 1

but after a while he managed to take control again over his body

librarian Wip 2

2nd librarian and Emperor Champion with peg

champ And librarian wip

Assembled librarians

librarians assembled

Coming soon: assault squad, which is the squad I’m now working on in order to restart using brushes before applying to more important and detailed models. 
I just need some time to edit a bit the picture (at the moment they are too dark)
Edited by Doomguy

Welcome, Doomguy! Looks like you're off to a good start. :tu:

If I may make a suggestion, it would be for you to use a wash on the crimson parts to give them a little depth. Right now, the red looks quite flat (on the Captain's power fist).

Welcome, Doomguy! Looks like you're off to a good start. :thumbsup:

If I may make a suggestion, it would be for you to use a wash on the crimson parts to give them a little depth. Right now, the red looks quite flat (on the Captain's power fist).

yep!   applying  wash and profiling, they are on the to-do list. Together with some writings on the parchment.

Now for the assult marines, that I'm using for some painting  practice.

These minis are "second hand", I bought them at a very low price...and there was a good (or bad) reason for this: the former owner assembled them with some "mistakes", especially on the torsos and arms . And I really do not know what kind of glue was used. In some cases it was impossbile to cut without destroying the models, so I left them as they are

Example 1:

flamer 3

flamer 4

flamer 5 disassembled

flamer 5 Arm

flamer 5 Arm 2

Honestly I do not know what to do with this guy, if thow it away or trying a repair, but it seems a desperate case.

Group shot, only base coat applied

group 2

Flamer guy: this was competely re-assembled, as the glue failed after a wash with ethyl alcohol

flamer Guy 2

Beaky, same as above

Corvus

the sergeant, equipped with the claw from commander kit

assault sarge 2

this is another mini I didn't get to disassembly. the pose seems a bit weird to me, like it is dancing

Assault 1