Night Lords legion project. (Konrad Curze conversion done)

Hiddenermac

So I took the plunge into the hobby recently and I think I am on my third month now with no prior experience into stuff like this.

I knew I wanted a night lords army from the get go and after starting to read the adb NL omnibus I immediately started planning this out.

I was supposed to join here a long time ago with a project log about this but saddly I forgot. Only variel and talos remain to be painted as I just got the remaining parts for them.

Anyway without further ado here are the members completed so far.

IMG_20171020_123446.png

IMG_20171020_123416.png

IMG_20171020_123335.png

IMG_20171020_123315.png

Galleries of the above.

Uzas of first claw. https://imgur.com/gallery/RypQE

Cyrion of first claw. https://imgur.com/gallery/ZyiRL

Mercutian of first claw. https://imgur.com/gallery/D24TI

Xarl of first claw. https://imgur.com/gallery/wptzW

Talos I have had converted for weeks on my table but I was waiting for some apothecary bottles for him. I also painted a banner for his base. This was my first try at free-hand(apart from lightning) and wet blending. The transfer on the banner was later freehanded in but I don't have a good picture of it atm.

IMG_20171019_122911.jpg

Pics_Art_10_08_05_18_44.jpg

And lastly Variel the flayer. Figuring out the narthecium was fun as I couldn't find it as a spare bit anywhere. I think I'm the most happy with this conversion

Pics_Art_10_19_04_23_51.jpg

Most of the inspiration for these came from the user Augustus bRaass here, the concept sketches and obviously the books.

It has been a fun journey so far and have a bit of a bittersweet feeling as it nears it's completion.

Shame about your choice of Legion :D but welcome to the Dark Side, nontheless.

Your minis are crazy good, without even considering that you're new. Serious kudos.

Haha thank you! I'm constantly watching youtube videos etc and testing stuff out. I need to get around to practicing edge highlighting properly etc, but have tried to keep the way I paint these the same as to have a cohesive squad.

So talos has been "ready" for some time but was missing some bits and pieces I wanted on him. Still need to green stuff the blood angels droplet on his sword and sculpt a few places. I also put him on a 40mm base because reasons.

Nearly ready to start painting.

IMG_20171025_194242.jpg

IMG_20171025_194233.jpg

IMG_20171025_194225.jpg

Three months? Are you sure you don't mean years? That's amazing, i feel like quitting now haha

Xarl is my personal favorite, such a beast. 

Did you post these on reddit btw? I feel like i recognize them from somewhere

Positive, haha! Still much to learn. I've posted them on reddit and facebook groups aswell.

Many thanks, brothers! It's been a wild ride so far. Here are some of my earlier conversions in no particular order.

The ahriman conversion was the first one I ever did. And the contemptor started from me :cussing it up when gluing it together and needing to hide the mistakes. Haha

IMG_20171027_225111.png

IMG_20171027_225148.png

IMG_20171027_225048.png

IMG_20171027_225023.png

IMG_20171027_225003.png

IMG_20171027_224944.png

Such a gritty, visceral paintstyle here, it really emphasises the brutality of the Night Lords.

Tthe Ahriman conversion is smashing; solid choice of head and that chain blade is evil.

your stuff looks brutal!

Thanks!

Such a gritty, visceral paintstyle here, it really emphasises the brutality of the Night Lords.

Tthe Ahriman conversion is smashing; solid choice of head and that chain blade is evil.

thank you. The ahriman was a lot of fun. It has those egyptian horns on the armor collar. I cut them off and used them as a base to mold the bat wings on for the helm.

Great stuff! I love those books, such great character development.

I've planned to do First Claw for a while now.Love your take on it :)

thank you! You should get to it. So much fun.

Great version of first Claw. Nice work

Cheers!

I was travelling for some days so not much progress. I did manage to do the gems on talos sword. (not super happy, but it will have to do)

Also green stuffed a long scroll onto the sorcerer and added the tabard.

I think they are both ready to be primed!

Pics_Art_10_31_03_43_26.jpg

Pics_Art_10_31_03_45_07.jpg

Archived