Night Lords legion project. (Konrad Curze conversion done)

Hiddenermac

I must say, pigments must be my favorite "new technique" in a while. So much fun.

Did some more work on the DP base and also decided to touch up my knights base with the pigments.(before and after on the knight base, only difference is pigments)

Neither are still done but very close

Pics_Art_06_30_02_23_39.png

Pics_Art_04_16_05_19_36.jpg

Pics_Art_06_27_12_38_02.png

The Knight's base looks impressive.

thanks! Still a bit to do, not sure if ill add bodies or not 

How are you fixing the pigments? I streak mine in medium but haven’t tried on that level for th bases.

this is mostly with iso and some pigment binder. Ill see tomorrow how it holds.

• 4 weeks later...

I have once again neglected this thread, say sorry. It's been a bit quiet but I did manage to finish a piece. There was a friendly painting comp and the theme was "osl". Not having really done osl before I was quite excited.

It's not perfect and I should prob have done things different but I am quite proud of it. (and hindsight is 20/20)

Pics_Art_07_26_12_44_17.png

I also found myself in the possession of a warhound titan, haha! I decided against the chaos version as I don't like the look all that much and I felt the mars pattern had more potential in terms of conversion work. I started sculpting the wings for the carapace(doing the other side is going to suck) and finished modeling the cockpit. The idea is that the marine has plunged his fingerd in their brains to puppeteer them and collectively they manouver the god machine. So psyched about this model and im going to have a lot of fun with it!

IMG_20180728_013319.png

IMG_20180728_013012_764.jpg

IMG_20180728_013012_773.jpg

Pics_Art_07_27_09_16_20.png

Impressive works.

thanks!   

Greetings, House Curze! :P Good luck on that second wing.

haha I see you have found me on instagram/imgur!

I love the Night Lord squatting in that Titan cockpit like a hellish parasite -- what a delightfully sinister touch! :)

it is isn't it, I think it's one of my better ideas. Haha

Got the second wing done. Think it's close enough and as it's an organic shape it doesn't have to match perfectly. I also removed the nose tubing and added fangs.

IMG_20180728_235629_766.jpg

IMG_20180728_235629_747.jpg

IMG_20180728_235629_775.jpg

Wow. THat might be the biggest Night Lords symbol on a miniature ever.

haha I know right?!

Have seen the updates for this over on FB, the NL playing puppet master is a brilliant touch. Massive kudos on the Legion symbol as well :tu:

thanks man. Well pleased with it so far.

I cut the jaw open yesterday and did the initial shape for the teeth. I filed them sharp today, elongated the jaw, gums, connective tissue and then the cable tongue. The teeth aren't super well done but should work once painted.

Pics_Art_07_30_04_32_31.jpg

Pics_Art_07_30_04_31_25.png

Very nice modifications to the titan.

The glow effect from the street lamp is excellently done; one thing I'd like to see is some blood on the axe blade and perhaps a pool forming from drips below it. A chain-axe is never going to be looking clean.

• 3 weeks later...

Good suggestions on the height, ill have to adjust a bit later!

Got the pistons done on 1 feet, that was a job and a half lol. Going with the mars pattern has it's hurdles, every piston has a damn aquila on it I had to remove or deface haha.

Added some NL brass in their place. Also epoxying the magnets to the hip joint was a success!

IMG_20180823_221717.jpg

IMG_20180823_221110.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you like the pose!

Now that I know the dimensions I started ln the base. Still very early days. I'll be adding a lot of debree etc to the terrain, marines possibly fighting etc, barbed wire... The warhound is in a running pose and the back foot will be smashing trough the building. Ill suspend pieces of the wall in the air with wire.

Toughts so far?

IMG_20180825_005708.jpg

IMG_20180825_005658.jpg

IMG_20180825_005648.jpg

IMG_20180825_005644.jpg

IMG_20180825_005638.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived