Night Lords legion project. (Konrad Curze conversion done)

Hiddenermac

Ave Domius Nox, brother ;)

I can make the joke, as I know youve already spotted that from FB. The tank looks amazing. Well done!

thanks man! Yeah I did a double take when I saw it haha.  

Think it does actually, that's a cracking paint job again and the gold/bronze knee plates are a good way to break up all the blue.

Sicaran's looking good with all the extras too.

Great! I was going to just do narrow gold trims on the knees but I think this was ultimately the better way  

Looking good! That cape might not be the most practical one I've ever seen but it sure is brutal. :tu:

I love when peoole call my stuff brutal, haha. Thanks, brother! I think you kind of have to throw practicality out the window when you make stuff like this to really drive in the nail!

Good job on Alûtar. Is "Atramentar" the correct term for a Night Lords Honor Guard?

thanks! Well it's just something for my warband/company. Something aching to the atramentar that will protect my daemon prince curze conversion. (the atramentar wear terminator armor)

I'm not sure if I want to name them anything as I'd constantly have to explain it.

"Daemon Prince Curze"? Aaron Dembski-Bowden's novels confirm the Night Lords Primarch's death. Is this "Curze" from an alternate universe where the Primarch ascended instead? An imposter claiming the Primarch's identity, whom other Night Lords warbands will seek to hunt down and punish for the "insult to [their] father's memory"? An individual named in the Primarch's honor?

"Daemon Prince Curze"? Aaron Dembski-Bowden's novels confirm the Night Lords Primarch's death. SNIP SNIP

haha nono just used the "curze" name as it will be based on his model, but I am not making any fantasies of him surviving, brought back or the likes. I figured It would be stupid to use it as is for 40k so conversion it is! Wings, head and arm swaps etc. I hate the official daemon prince sculpts.

That base is impressively well done, lots of good weathering going on. The Prince himself is looking good, any chance we can get some more angles on those wings?

Thanks! I'm suprised myself how well it turned out, a good study in weathering and I'm glad I was able to make convincing rust with just orange and yellow paint.

Here are the wings and the base completed.

Mortuary_Wings_4.jpg

Pics_Art_01_31_01_01_08.jpg

Aye, the rust looks spot on. Those wings are perfect for Night Lords, where are they from?

awesome! The wings are from grimskull. (wargameexclusive sells them)

looking good! Excited to see the Prince completed!

great!

I questioned the wings when I first seen them . Getting a closer look They look cool.

yeah I wasn't too sure of them but I think they will look great painted! Not really sure how im going to do them. Was kind of thinking of dark blue and the pustules etc in red and the membranes in kind of a flesh color? Idk..

Anyway juggling a few projects atm. Finished the base for. My leviathan. Quite pleased with the green stuff tiled I did.

Pics_Art_02_03_12_56_38.jpg

Looking good Hiddenermac :). Did you use a roller for the tiles or another method? I would be interested to know because at the moment I am cutting out individual styrene tiles for my bases which is a faff and takes too long.

Nemac

Thanks! I rolled the gs flat and sculpted the lines in with a ruler using my cutting mats lines as guides. This ofc produced quite thick lines so I used a plate with some texture in it to smush it, that indented some texture to it to catch by drybrushing and it tightened the lines.

If I was smart I would have made a mold out of with blue stuff lol. Maybe next time.

Some awesome work in here. Love the work on the Leviathan and the Daemon Prince. Really brutal :tu:

thanks! Brutal seems to be my jam.  

Awesome work! For my Blood Angels I found these were a great way to create tile bases; http://happyseppukumodelworks.bigcartel.com/product/1-4-square-tile

I'll have to look into something like this, thanks! I like how mine looks but it's quite time consuming.

Started the weathering a bit. Idea is to do the whole thing like this grav bombard.

Pics_Art_02_07_11_51_37.jpg

Archived