Night Lords legion project. (Konrad Curze conversion done)

Hiddenermac

Any reason you gave the Sicaran a mortal crew?

I liked the model. Also perhaps it sows the seed of doubt into the enemy seeing one of their most fanatically loyal turned to chaos. Or they see trough the ploy and are disgusted by the blasphemy. It is a serf in battlefield scavenged gear trained in it's use. The marines are too bloodthirsty to be stuck in a tin can.

Is it the grainy pictures or does your blue suddenly look far more splotchy than before? It looks so different from the Leviathan!

I emphasized the stippling a bit more on this one. I've mostly used a brush for it before but pulled out the sponge for this.

It looks sick. DId you use enamel paints for the mud effects weathering?

Great! I had a go at muddying them up before and didnt really like it, so I headed to the flgs with purpose to find something to aid me. I picked up vallejo crackle medium and mixed some brown into it for a... Dried mud feel. I think it works especially good on the panels!

Thanks guys! Glad it's just me with the lenses then, haha.

The crackle medium was one of those "am I going to :cuss this whole thing?" moments.

And now it is finally done! A solid month of painting and I am well happy with it!

Pics_Art_03_27_09_59_07.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_56_41.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_53_36.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_52_03.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_49_04.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_40_28.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_38_34.jpg

Pics_Art_03_27_09_35_45.jpg

Now I can finally move onto other things like the breacher marines I just got the parts for, haha

The tank looks epic. Really like the weathering on it too, certainly looks like its been in the fight for some time. The trophies help emphasise that too haha

The latest model looks very rambo style, the guns look a bit to unwieldy for him.

While I agree with Sagentus that the last guy is a bit over the top, I've got to say it brought a huge smile to my face! Warhammer gets taken way too seriously sometimes, so it's great to see something a bit silly and fun sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing, unless you want to give him even bigger guns ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The tank looks epic. Really like the weathering on it too, certainly looks like its been in the fight for some time. The trophies help emphasise that too haha

The latest model looks very rambo style, the guns look a bit to unwieldy for him.

Thanks man, my first real try at weathering really. Super happy with the rust on the front especially. I did think about adding some servo bits to take off the weight but had nothing at hand  

While I agree with Sagentus that the last guy is a bit over the top, I've got to say it brought a huge smile to my face! Warhammer gets taken way too seriously sometimes, so it's great to see something a bit silly and fun sometimes. I wouldn't change a thing, unless you want to give him even bigger guns ;)

Great! I think that 40k is quite silly a lot of the time so making something like this is very fun. Also seems to bring a smile to peoples faces, haha.   

There is never any shame in turning it up to 11.

I agree!   

NICE WORK on the tank, bro!

Thanks, brother!

I forgot to post about this so it's been done in "silence" so far.

So I got myself a cerastus lancer. Pretty intimidating kit but it's gone together very nicely so far. The pose is him shield bashing another knight down/ maybe running trough a house lol? The shield and lance head/rail are just blutacked on as to see how it works. I Have a third party shield and axe heads enroute. Plan is to kitbash the lance into a chainglaive.

The plates on the leg armor and shoulderpad are a bit wonky on purpose to show a bit of a scavenged/stolen look as I'll be painting it straight midnight clad, no knight houses in my warband!

IMG_20180414_004608.jpg

IMG_20180414_004602.jpg

IMG_20180414_004551.jpg

IMG_20180414_004527.jpg

IMG_20180414_004519.jpg

IMG_20180412_164230.jpg

IMG_20180412_155703.jpg

Thanks guys. Very happy with the pose myself too. Wad worried it would be hard to get something cool out of it but it wad fairly straightforward.

I started painting the base and legs while I wait for the remaining parts.

IMG_20180416_182954.jpg

IMG_20180416_182944.jpg

IMG_20180416_182933.jpg

IMG_20180416_182923.jpg

I like the intent of the pose, but why is his gait ambling?

The Knight is based on a human's walk, which is crossed - right foot and left arm forward, right arm and left foot back - while moving. Yet your Knight has an amble: right foot and arm forward, left foot and left arm back. It looks fine if he's leaning into the wind with his shield, but looks a bit unnatural if he's meant to be striding forward. 

Just my two cents though - I'm a stickler for precision in human-based poses. If you think it looks cool, feel free to ignore! :tu:

Archived