fun with Dread spam

bushman101

For giggles, I took a Dreadnought heavy list in my last match. (I was gonna do 'all Primaris', but I lack the amount of models)

I was actually surprised how well I did. They have decent Toughness, do well in shooting and melee and don't lose effectiveness as they take wounds (unlike the Razorback and etc).

I'm not advocating 'take nothing but dreads', because they can auto-lose some scenarios. But Dreads, i think, are worth consideration.

My list was based on the Dreads I had, so its far from 'optimized'. For the curious, it looked like:

2000 pts

2 of the Elite detachments (whatever its called)

2 Libby Dreads

3 DC Dreads with 2 Furioso fists, storm bolter and melta

1 Furioso with 2 Furioso fists, storm bolter and melta

1 Dread with regular fist, storm bolter and twin lascannon

Assault Termis (2 models with claws, 3 with TH/SS)

Stormraven (typhoon missles, stormstrike missles, twin lascannon) 
Edited by bushman101

Wow, wish I could have seen that battle. I have an old metal dreadnought and an on-sprue dc/lib/furioso dreadnought. I was considering making the metal one a furioso with fists, and then making a librarian one. Hopefully I can pick some others up on the cheap from e-bay. I love dreads and the ideas. Unfortunately the only one I've run in 8th died to massed melta fire the first turn from some tau jump suit thingies.

Dread spam can work fairly well if the opponent isn't prepared to deal with so many high T models or if you get rid of his main anti-tank units quickly. I too lost a game pretty hopelessly against a Tank spam AM list a few weeks ago simply because I couldn't deal with all the T8 after my main anti-tank unit got killed.