Kolyarut's 4th Company Blood Angels

Kolyarut

Hi folks,

Been lurking for a while and figured I ought to finally register and say hi to everyone!

I've started putting some posts of my recent minis up on Instagram, which if anyone's interested is https://www.instagram.com/kolyarutminiatures/

I've got somewhere near 3k points of extremely unoptimised BAs right now (those poor Terminators get pasted every game), so I'm currently painting up a Deathwatch brigade to pay my troop tax, inspired by some of the posts in the Troops thread. I'll probably post a list over in the lists section soon but figured it would be rude to dive right in without introducing myself.

If you live in the UK and have been trying to buy Dark Angel veteran wings these past few months I apologise, I've been buying the things up to sprinkle like confetti on my sergeants and characters. :wink:

Hope to speak to you all soon! (and hope that our Codex comes out soon!)

Welcome to the board! There's not a better body of frater on inter-astronomic-net.

Love that Mephistopheles paint job. Where did you get the base?

Thanks! Figured that a bit of elevation and a bucketload of blood would jazz up what is otherwise a very very old mini. I don't paint a lot of blood splatter normally, but figured if anyone wants some it's Mephiston. Giving some thought to doing something similar when I paint my Celestine, too, for the sheer thematicness of having the Blood Angels be led by a bloody angel.

The base is from the Citadel 40k Hero Bases set, which has some nifty options (also a bunch of bases where there doesn't seem to be a clear place to actually put a miniature). It's 40mm, but since Space Marines are on 33mm as standard now and characters often tend to go one base size up, I figured it wasn't too much of a push.

I mostly just wanted him tall enough that the Primaris guys wouldn't be able to pat him on the head. ;)