Need Airbrush Recommendations for Blood Angels

Slothysaur

You don't need a respirator at all, that's like saying you need a 105mm howitzer to kill a gopher, sure it'll do the job but you don't need it. Dust mask will work just fine, and once you set up a paint booth with a fan you won't even need that, that is unless you plan on using enamels and toxic paints with harsh chemicals like they use at the nail salon, but for latex and acrylic not necessary. As a matter fact, when using solder and flux, both have toxic fumes, OSHA requires only that a fan be used to blow the fumes away from you. I've been using my airbrush for the better part of 20 years and only use my dust mask when I'm sealing my models, the rest of time no mask at all. No medical respiratory issues yet! I do have a respirator, a really expensive one at that, replaceable filters adjustable straps with built in goggles, looks almost like a gas mask, but only use it when I do drywall work or spraying the walls in a house, but as you won't even get close to that level of paint used at one time you don't need it. Unnecessary equipment is a waste of money. Now if you start to delve into the wonderful world of Candy and Chrome paints like those from Alclad then yes, get a respirator and use it.