Flesh Tearers iconography help!

RelentlessPursuit

Hey all,

Hoping to pick your collective brains for a solution to a Fleshtearers shaped problem in my life.

I've decided to take the plunge into Primaris as allies for my existing blood angels army - however the Primaris I am starting from are the easy build ones leaving me with a shoulder pad icon dilemma.

I have tried making a mould of the icon to cast them in green stuff on their shoulders, but it is quite difficult to get right as I am using the gw Fleshtearers pads as a basis.

These shoulder pads fit gen2 marines so are way too small for Primaris , the icons themselves are fine but its getting them to curve nicely and sit on the pad that is proving difficult and id like to mutilate the models as little as possible.

Does anyone have any advice at all for how to proceed with casting icons?

Alternatively I have seen that some people are making their own transfers using decal paper etc - I have read a few guides on it but still don't quite get it.

I have a PDF with Fleshtearers icons prepared that I found online , wondered if anyone UK based could give me an idea of exactly what ill need?

Thanks for your time brothers!

(Also if anyone has a mould or could make one , or had premade decals for sale I would happily purchase some)

Thanks for everyones advice! as I mentioned in an earlier post - would write a quick review when I found a solution.

So I managed to find some fleshtearers icons on shape ways under "buzzsaw blood" the price was reasonable although the shipping was crazy expensive (I guess because im in the UK) however it was very well packed , albeit probably didn't warrant such a big box for a sprue the length of your little finger.

I would definitely suggest ordering in bulk if you can as its not something id advise buying little and often of.

The item arrived very quickly by courier which was great.

The actual icons themselves looked good , and required little cleaning up - was shocked at how tiny they were in my hand but once I got them on a model they looked perfect - just used alittle superglue and they went on brilliantly - this was on the primaris marines from the dark imperium box and the easy build ones also.

The blood drop looked great and stood out well , and the whole cast was very smooth in general.

Would definitely recommend these - can't wait to paint the primaris fleshtearers.

Thanks again for all your time - hope this post helps someone searching In the future for an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for everyones advice! as I mentioned in an earlier post - would write a quick review when I found a solution.

So I managed to find some fleshtearers icons on shape ways under "buzzsaw blood" the price was reasonable although the shipping was crazy expensive (I guess because im in the UK) however it was very well packed , albeit probably didn't warrant such a big box for a sprue the length of your little finger.

I would definitely suggest ordering in bulk if you can as its not something id advise buying little and often of.

The item arrived very quickly by courier which was great.

The actual icons themselves looked good , and required little cleaning up - was shocked at how tiny they were in my hand but once I got them on a model they looked perfect - just used alittle superglue and they went on brilliantly - this was on the primaris marines from the dark imperium box and the easy build ones also.

The blood drop looked great and stood out well , and the whole cast was very smooth in general.

Would definitely recommend these - can't wait to paint the primaris fleshtearers.

Thanks again for all your time - hope this post helps someone searching In the future for an option.

Are these the ones you went for? If so, what detail did you go for - standard or ultra?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZKEU947KC/buzzsaw-shoulder-pad-icons-2-x20-l?optionId=63822413&li=marketplace

Good to know! I bought a bunch of the Flesh Tearer Shoulder pads from GW and I was really not impressed with them. I should have purchased a smaller amount to test them out as they are just too small for the primaris bodies that I'm using for my marines.