Deploying inside transport - counts as 1 or 2 units

Jonnyb

For the purpose of units deployed, if my opponent deploys a unit of Troops inside a Rhino, is that 1 or 2 units deployed please?

I've lost first turn a few times with this and would like it clearing up before I question it next time.

Cheer.

For the purpose of units deployed,

Going strictly by wording, it counts as two units.

However, going by your explanation, "I've lost first turn a few times with this,"  please note that units are not what is being counted.  Deployment choices determine first move.  Units are counted to determine maximum reserves.  Your example of a troop in a rhino equals 2 units but 1 deployment choice.

For the purpose of units deployed,

Going strictly by wording, it counts as two units.

However, going by your explanation, "I've lost first turn a few times with this,"  please note that units are not what is being counted.  Deployment choices determine first move.  Units are counted to determine maximum reserves.  Your example of a troop in a rhino equals 2 units but 1 deployment choice.

And this ratio can get much worse. Take a stormraven, put 2 5-man tactical squads in it, a captain and a lieutenant (that's 12 infantry models), add in a dreadnought for good measure, and you get 6 units deployed in one deployment choice.

And this ratio can get much worse. Take a stormraven, put 2 5-man tactical squads in it, a captain and a lieutenant (that's 12 infantry models), add in a dreadnought for good measure, and you get 6 units deployed in one deployment choice.

Well, If we're going to go to extremes, why not stuff a Manta Drop Ship with two hundred Fireblades and crank that up to a Two hundred and one to one ratio.

Of course, now we're well off into trivia land and I think we can call this here.

Archived