How are the Dark Angels doing in 8th edition?

Merellin

So.. I'm glancing at the imperium again, Thinking it would be fun to build up a new imperial army, And I always loved the looks of the Dark Angels models so i was curious, How are the Dark Angels doing in 8th edition? I'm not a competetive player and prefer to play for fun, But I still like to win ocasionaly.. xD Close matches are the best, Win or lose, If it is close I love it.

We're doing quite alright, I'd say. Ravenwing isn't awesome, as both speeders and bikes are a tad expensive for what they do, but our crucial characters are sweet for their respective companies, and even Ravenwing become useful with Sammael at the helm. Damn cool legion, go ahead and start your army :)

You can probably safely buy some bread-and-butter stuff.  For sure you're going to want to field battalions, maybe even brigades.  Tac Marines, Scouts, Rhinos/Razorbacks, and robed Vets are all apt to make it into your lists.  Get started with those, and you'll have the core out of the way by the time the codex tells us what the sexy stuff is.

I supose thats a good idea. I'm thinking of ordering a carrying case and a few models.

And I must say, One of the fluff bits that facinate me the most about the Dark Angels are the Watchers in the Dark.. I hope we get more info on them in the new codex (Without spoiling them compleately)

Unfortunately I realy dont like importing things and prefer to buy from swedish webshops, And no swedish webshops sell battlefoam cases.. xD I was just planning to get a GW case, Most of the people int he club got those and say they are realy good.