Codex This Year

Cypher 102

I would like to see Belial and Sammael bringing their respective forces to Troops slot once again. 

If we'll get the synergy level of Deathguard codex I would be super-happy. 

I would like to have some rules for successors as well.  I got a lucky purchase, got almost 30 tactical dudes, so I can say I'm pretty much done with 3rd company after another 5-man assault squad and DI Inceptors will be finished.

Really want to see a price drop on termies and bikes and some fluffy, but awesome on a table stratagems.

Wishlist favourite -- a stratagem to deploy closer than 9 inches during teleport deployment. Smth like "precision deep strike".

I’d be surprised if they didn’t do a Primaris upgrade sprue but I don’t do Primaris so no problem either way for me.

Looking forward to a proper 8th Edition Codex though.

Id like one simply to facilitate a true scale army. It really just needs robed torsos. Everything else is compatible.

I would not expect any new models or units at all. But I bet there will be rules for successors.

I would like to see Belial and Sammael bringing their respective forces to Troops slot once again.

If we'll get the synergy level of Deathguard codex I would be super-happy.

I would like to have some rules for successors as well. I got a lucky purchase, got almost 30 tactical dudes, so I can say I'm pretty much done with 3rd company after another 5-man assault squad and DI Inceptors will be finished.

Really want to see a price drop on termies and bikes and some fluffy, but awesome on a table stratagems.

Wishlist favourite -- a stratagem to deploy closer than 9 inches during teleport deployment. Smth like "precision deep strike".

I feel like the "This character makes these units troops" thing will never happen again. With the existence of the Outrider or Vanguard detachments, you essentially get that. You just lose out on some command points.

So why are you all saying this means no Lion? Just based on the recent codex releases getting no models?

No. Because all other primarchs had huge hype buildup and usually 2 month campaigning before they went into sale. The codex will hit the shelves in month time, if there would be Lion acompanying it, it would most likely already be out there.

And the "leaked" contents of the codex are...poorly worded at some crucial points to be really credible. So I will rather expect no Lion and then be surprised, than to ride the hype and be dissappointed - especially since i am actually convinced that the leak is fake.

Just because we likely won't see anything big like the Lion in the Codex doesn't mean he can't be pulled into the story via a Warzone type supplement.

I doubt we get any new models at all to go along with the new Codex.

Likely not. New Ravenwing Bikes/Attack Bikes in the newer Black Knights styling would have me getting three full-sized units though. A new and really nice DA Vets box (the oldish one has ever been sub-par) would be something I would buy 4 boxes of. 40k mini releases have been anemic though, so I have little hope, and I couldn't care less about Primaris anything.

I’m not a fan of Primaris, so take that disclaimer as you will...

...but it doesn’t make sense to me to have Primaris Inner Circle. Primaris are the new guys on the block, and the Inner Circle is only those who have been around/zealous/proven themselves enough to join the super secret ranks and know the truth about the Fallen.

So something like a Primaris Interrogator Chaplain makes 0 sense to me.

Archived