8th edition custom dice run?

Nubster

I am in, just thinking of getting some gemini red/black dice as I've recently switched to playing 1st Co. and they need fancy dice. This would be great. Edited by NTaW

Here are the color option offered by Chessex that can be used for custom dice with the custom logo replacing the 6 side....

Opaque Yellow/black
Opaque Orange/black
Opaque Red/white
Opaque Green/white
Opaque Blue/white
Opaque Purple/white
Opaque Grey/black
Opaque Black/red
Opaque Black/gold
Translucent Clear/white
Translucent Yellow/white
Translucent Orange/white
Translucent Green/white
Translucent Blue/white
Translucent Purple/white
Borealis Light Green/gold
Borealis Purple/white
Gemini Black-Blue/gold
Gemini Black-Copper/white
Gemini Black-Gold/silver
Gemini Black-Green/gold
Gemini Black-Grey/green
Gemini Black-Purple/gold
Gemini Black-Red/gold
Gemini Black-Red/white
Gemini Black-Shell/white
Gemini Blue-Gold/white
Gemini Blue-Green/gold
Gemini Blue-Magenta/gold
Gemini Blue-Orange/white
Gemini Blue-Purple/Gold
Gemini Blue-Red/Gold
Gemini Blue-Red/White
Gemini Blue-Steel/white
Gemini Copper-Green/white
Gemini Copper-Steel/white
Gemini Copper-Teal/silver
Gemini Gold-White/black
Gemini Green-Gold/white
Gemini Green-Purple/gold
Gemini Green-Steel/white
Gemini Green-Yellow/silver
Gemini Orange-Yellow/black
Gemini Pink-Black/white
Gemini Pink-Purple/white
Gemini Purple-Red/gold
Gemini Purple-Steel/white
Gemini Purple-Teal/gold
Gemini Steel-Teal/white
Gemini Teal-White/black
Leaf Black Gold/silver
Lustrous Black/gold
Lustrous Bronze/white
Lustrous Gold/silver
Lustrous Green/white
Lustrous Purple/gold
Lustrous Slate/white
Marble Ivory/black
Mother of Pearl Blue/silver
Mother of Pearl White/black
Nebula Black/white
Nebula Blue/white
Phantom Black/silver
Phantom Teal/gold
Scarab Blue Blood/gold
Scarab Jade/gold
Scarab Royal Blue/gold
Scarab Scarlet/gold
Velvet Black/red
Velvet Blue/white
Velvet Bright Blue/silver
Velvet Copper/white
Velvet Green/white
Velvet Pink/white
Velvet Purple/white
Velvet Red/white
Velvet Silver/white
Vortex Blue/gold
Vortex Bright Green/black
Vortex Green/gold
Vortex Orange/black
Vortex Purple/gold
Vortex Teal/gold

I'd assume everyone would want some red/black/gold combo and I believe on a large enough order Chessex will do up to 5 different colors for a single group buy.

Of course if they aren't willing to do the BA icon then that might put a damper on the project...at least through Chessex. I'm sure there's other custom dice makers that will do it. I haven't looked to hard into this as I wasn't sure how well received it would be. Last time it was done on here it seems that over 2k dice were ordered. So...just wanted to update with the color options and see what folks thought about the idea as a whole. If anyone has some logo ideas feel free to post up...maybe something that is Blood Angels but doesn't infringe in GW's property rights. Or I'll look around and see what other custom dice options are out there. I'll even go ahead and send Chessex a couple BA icons to see what they say. Who knows...maybe they won't even realize what it is and it can slip by. So yeah...that's where it's at. I still plan to try and go through with it even if it's just a small batch for myself. 

24365803328_f23054a7ea_n.jpg

38218365701_bb1aaba08b_n.jpg

Edited by Nubster

I'd be interested.

But only if their not from chessex.

I don't like rounded edged dice.

Even if their bad averages are just my own biases, they roll of the table to easy.

Any other dice company's you can suggest? Or just anything that's square corners opposed to round?

I'd be interested.

But only if their not from chessex.

I don't like rounded edged dice.

Even if their bad averages are just my own biases, they roll of the table to easy.

Any other dice company's you can suggest? Or just anything that's square corners opposed to round?
I could live with square-edged from chessex if it means I could get BA dice with the symbol on the 6 for once.

Edit: alibaba I've heard is cheaper than chessex, but with lower quality control.

Edited by The Unseen

I'd been in for the Gemini black-red with gold pips. What size are you planning? I tend to use smaller dice and have a bunch of the Chessex 12mm dice, which I find absolutely perfect. If we're talking about 16mm, I'd still be interested but would to have a think about how many I want.

Maybe this give or take the cross bones would be cool. Maybe a chalice with a blood drop? I know it's a bit specific to a successor chapter but also pretty generally BA oriented.

37509193314_7f2f1b702b_n.jpg

I don't know how it would transfer over but a blood drop on laurels could also be cool.

Any change we can swing this to the Flesh Tearers icon? *soft chuckle* *exits stage left*

You can have whatever image you want on there, however the more people want that icon, the cheaper they get.

The last dice run was for both winged blood drop and saltire and skulls, in whatever colours you wanted,

Edited by Xenith

Bump.

I've got excited about the prospect of custom dice and I want to make sure this thread doesn't slip into obscurity.

What's the next step? I guess we need to decide an emblem that's going to go on the "6"? Then it's just a question of people deciding how many they want and in which colour. Right?

Apart from a suggestion from Xenith that they might not want to do a dice run with a recognised symbol, is there any reason we don't just use the standard chapter emblem? Surely we should at least ask if it would be an issue?

Given total freedom of choice, I would pick the regular chapter symbol. Failing that, I would have to consider options. Should we create a poll to see what would be the preferred choice?

I'll ask...there was a post today or yesterday of someone getting 25 dice made with the Death Watch icon. So it didn't seem to be an issue unless Chessex didn't know what it was. 

So wings with blood drop? I'll get that request over to them and see what they say. I guess once the icon is agreed on by us and approved by them...we can set a deadline and everyone that wants in will choose the color and how many. Once we hit the deadline we can figure out how to collect money, place the order, then wait.

I suppose we'll also need to whittle down the color selection to 5 since that's the limit on a single order. 

Any change we can swing this to the Flesh Tearers icon? *soft chuckle* *exits stage left*

I'd be down with that...I'm doing my BA's as Flesh Tearers. Maybe a second smaller run? All we need is 26+ dice to get a price break. If we can get 200 dice ordered they drop to $.50 each which is pretty decent. I think it can be done.