What will you be doing in preparation for the codex to drop?

Brother_Mike

Trying to figure out how I'm going to buy it and the new Necromunda box without my wife finding out.

Mrs Lazyj: "where did that box come from, I haven't seen it before?"

Lazyj: "what that?! Oh, I've had that in the garage for ages"

Get the delivery right and it works every time.

Having a shared bank account makes this a bit trickier.

Ah... 'Games Workshop' is a charity that makes toys for under privileged children. 

See - they take a donation out of our account every month... 

I mean, we are BASICALLY children playing with cool toys, amirite? The donation is for our own self-aware childish tendencies ;)

Edited by Brother_Mike

• 2 weeks later...

In a change to the published schedule, I am instead cracking on with my Primaris Marines for the BA release. I would like to get the Imperial half of the Dark Imperium set finished, especially now that Chapter Approved looks like it will be making the bolter version of Inceptors worth taking.

If the rumoured Chapter trait of improved mobility does pan out, I could always run the Intercessors with auto-bolt rifles rather than as Objective campers.

I'm continuing to work my Primaris stuff. I don't really care how the rules turn out for them- I use them now even in their not-ideal condition because I think the models are amazing. I'm currently working on some Inceptors because if they do get the rumored price drop to 130 I'm going to start using them a lot.

I've saved 260 bucks to buy codex, a box of Betrayal at calth and possibly either a redemptor or a box of custodes.

If I can sell this bloody box of 10 leman russes, I'd have more money to spend on probably forgeworld.

Edited by Spagunk

I've saved 260 bucks to buy codex, a box of Betrayal at calth and possibly either a redemptor or a box of custodes.

If I can sell this bloody box of 10 leman russes, I'd have more money to spend on probably forgeworld.

Put some money aside for the Chapter approved since it will add a lot to the game apparently. ^^

I was trying out alternative paint schemes (White w/ black trim for DC/SG/Characters) and a blueish grey w/ dark trim and red shoulders for the Army. I gave up on the armies paint scheme but left the Librarian model I painted with it as is, I really REALLY like the theme but it doesn't fit for Blood Angels. The white... I just can't get right, even with the magic brush that is my air brush. I know it looks good but perhaps it is my ability... I've never been good with whites.

I want to run scout heavy armies this edition. I have not played Blood Angels since 5th (or the game as a whole til recently) so the last time I played scouts were WS/BS 4. With them being 3 now it makes snipers a bit more reliable, even more so with the amount of Necron/Eldar/Tau characters being played in the Las Vegas area. For that reason I have been giving my Scouts, all my Scouts a make over and a bit of a more realistic theme. I am almost done with all my scouts for the first ITC event for them. 

Just finished my very simple kit bash for Dante. I don't like the cast model, but this isn't nothing over the top. It is just a BA Upgraded chest with a Sgt Power Axe and a DC Melta Pistol. DC Jump Pack and generic BA Shoulders. I also gave him a regular head with flowing angelic locks to be painted grey as he is a super old ass. But he isn't Dante. I don't have a name for him yet but he is my "Counts as Dante".

And here this weekend I will be repainting all my Predators. Two Reaper Preds and one Baal will be used at the next event but I might as well use my magic wand on all of them since I'll have it out. 

Just painting... and putting together a wish list. I have always played fluffy and fun Death Company themed lists. 

hopefully getting  some of mylamenters primaris stuff done, aswell as finishing off the rwo dark angels tactical squads ive made a slow start on, id also like to star the dark vengance tetmie squad ive been sitting o for over a year. ill probably be running a joint unforgiven and sons of sanguinus army until i flesh both ies out. separaye detachments to take advatahe of both armys special rules ofcourse.

Funny how things are Nemisor. 

I have thought off and on about using Primaris marines, but painted as classic HH Alpha Legion and using whatever loyalist chapter rules I felt like.

I just think that's a neat idea for DIY Primaris/Space Marines separate from my Angels collection anyhow.

If you are set on Angels/Successors I would advise wait for at the teasers/codex before you decide.

There is a lot of rumblings that the Flesh Tearers are not very accepting of the primaris marines from the folks who have read the Devastation of Baal novel.

So there is that too.

EDIT

Just followed link in you signature. LMAO.

Great Looking Models and such !! Well Done.

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

Funny how things are Nemisor. 

I have thought off and on about using Primaris marines, but painted as classic HH Alpha Legion and using whatever loyalist chapter rules I felt like.

I just think that's a neat idea for DIY Primaris/Space Marines separate from my Angels collection anyhow.

If you are set on Angels/Successors I would advise wait for at the teasers/codex before you decide.

There is a lot of rumblings that the Flesh Tearers are not very accepting of the primaris marines from the folks who have read the Devastation of Baal novel.

So there is that too.

EDIT

Just followed link in you signature. LMAO.

Great Looking Models and such !! Well Done.

thanks mate.

i was planning to just use them as an easy way to do truescale, but keeping them as normal marines.