Does anyone use Rievers?

Kontakt

As the title says. I recently bought a box of primaris rievers and I am unsure of how to kit them out or field them. I was thinking of fitting them for close combat to roll with helbrecht, but that feels inefficient. Any thoughts?

They are good bully units. I use them in my list to bully Backfield and to clear Units, with Lackluster LD faster than I otherwise would. Example vs Marines. LD8. Normally killing 3 means you need a 6 to kill another. Or 3% because rerolls.

Reivars effectively mean killing 3 is actually 4. So a Marine fails on a 5 or 6. With ATKNF. Making that 11%. Without rerolls vs LD8. It’s 33% vs 16%. If vs LD7. It’s to 50% vs 33%. Or essentially without adding rerolls it’s 16% increase. Making using it vs Squads like are 5 man in LD7-8 range has a good chance of actually finishing the squad off.

I use Reivers pretty regularly. I normally go for knives and grav chutes and drop them in with a couple of Assassins.

The formula for success has been pretty simple: If everything makes their charge then things are good, if not it can be a bit of a disaster.

The formula for success has been pretty simple: If everything makes their charge then things are good, if not it can be a bit of a disaster.

:puts away his drop pods after yet another loss:

You don't say. :P

Yeah, sadly all of my drop pods don't see much play anymore either. :(

I want reivers with power daggers and chainsword.  3 attacks each (2 chainsword and 1 power weapon attack)

Sarge with something with more umph in case the squad needs to crack something open.

5 man squad ... 8 chainsword, 4 power weapon, plus the sarge's attacks.

doesn't sound OP to me but at least gives them some hitting power.

The current 16 wet noodle attacks are meh