What BA or successor for IK theme.

Finally getting around to building a few IK that came in the Renegade box. I was going to do one AdMech, one BA or BA successor, and the last one maybe SW.

The BA is the only one which I am hesitating with, I am not sure what chapter to go with. I thought it would be amusing to go Flesh Tearers and give the IK 2x chainswords. I could have also went Sanguinary Guard style and use this face guard ( Ihttps://www.shapeways.com/product/LZHF2872N/blood-guardian-death-mask?optionId=63606090 ).

Eventually I decided to let the BA community decide how I should do it. This would be a great time for me to learn new colors and hopefully improve painting as a whole. I am not sure if there is vote options, but they don't appear to be on mobile site. So post below on what chapter and loadout, so I can begin to plan this all out.

This won't be a quick build but rather take time. Once it's done though I will post it up here.

Maybe after the great rift and all, :cuss has gone horribly awry, and a knight house formerly bonded with said Blood Angel successor, up to and including some neophytes into the household.

A knight pilot is killed, and transfers control over to one of the Astartes neophytes he had been training, entrusting the knight to the chapter until they could return it to his house, and they paint it in their colors as the war goes one.

Blah blah blah "I did the math," etc etc.

My thoughts from the bit of I reading I did on Imperial Knights:

Pick a knight household that worked with Space Wolves / Blood Angels at some point in established lore.

Paint knight to house colors.

Include Space Marine symbol on a shoulder quadrant and/or on the waist tabard as seems to be common practive when they campaign together.

Make a do it yourself FreeBlade that operates exclusively with chapter of your choice according to your fluff and paint it how you like =)

Even then I would not paint it in solely chapter colors myself ie. leave the pilot and his mount some of their own non chapter individual identty I am thinking.

Good luck with your choice and have fun with whatever you decide to do. It's your model after all. =)

Nothing about the knight is supposed to be fluffy. The colors are just for fun. I won't be fielding imperial knight in the table. According to some research some IK will pledge themselves to a organization if they did something incredible. For a specific BA example: BA and FT have evacuated more than a couple planets in the Tyranids path. One of those could have been a IK world and now have no home and now pledge oath to Baal and BAs.

Oh I see. Well if it's just for the sake of painting....paint in whatever color scheme you like best. :biggrin.:

However since most BA successors are usually just different shades of red with different combinations of trims I'd stick to the ones with a more distinct color scheme.
Lamenters, Flesh Tearers, Carmine Blades (the white trim and helmet is pretty unique for BA successors), Angels Sanguine, Sons of Sanguinius (black pauldron with golden trim and white helmet) and Knights of Blood would be the ones I'd choose from.