Space Marine Doctrines and non-doctrine chapters

Galron

After seeing something today on one of the facebook pages I am left questioning this. If I field Red Scorpions or Minotaurs chapters, since they do not have any doctrines or stratagems and so forth, can I use their special characters with one of the official doctrines from the codex until they come out with official rules?

After seeing something today on one of the facebook pages I am left questioning this. If I field Red Scorpions or Minotaurs chapters, since they do not have any doctrines or stratagems and so forth, can I use their special characters with one of the official doctrines from the codex until they come out with official rules?

Yes, as long as all models in the detachment have the same Chapter Keyword you unlock Chapter Tactics for that detachment.

If it's one of the Chapters with traits they must use the specified trait.

If it's a known successor of one of those Chapters you must use the parent Chapters trait.

If the parent Chapter is unknown you are free to choose the Chapter Tactics you use.

Stratagems probably work differently as the Ultramarine Stratagem should be linked to the keyword Ultramarine rather than the Chapter Tactics.