Such Sweet Kakophoni - Elazar's Slaaneshi Host

"Dearest Fabius taught me so much..."

The voice spoke from the silhouette of the throne that Altrian had been thrown down in view of. A bank of spotlights had been mounted on the wall behind the throne. The light from them was blinding. Without his helm even his post-human eyes teared up trying to look upon the figure reclined there. Cheap theatrics Altrian thought to himself with a sneer but had expected no different. "This, my magnum opus, is as much his creation as it is mine," the voice continued gesturing to the machinery that idled behind Altrian with a maddening, teeth-itching hum. Voices Altrian half-corrected himself, well, singular voice but multiple speakers.

"I was but a child taking my first timid steps when he took me under his wing. Fabius is a godless man though. He thinks that makes him stronger than the rest of us. But his godlessness is just to hide his fear. Fear that he treads a path not his own... Sweet Slaanesh loves him and watches over him even though he spurns, the youngest god's love. It was sweet Slaanesh that saved me, elevated me, remade me in an image more pleasing to him."

"When he was my master, before he was yours, Fabius took my voice from me for some petty transgression...

It was the cruellest and yet most delectable thing. In my enforced silence I heard it. The siren song of Slaanesh. The birth cry of a god layered in the lament of the dying of the race that birthed him. It was so beautiful and with every ounce of my being I longed to add my voice to that song. Not the tinny artificial thing from the vox-aug I was fitted with or even the voice I had use before then but my true voice. I knew it was buried. Inside of me. I needed to bring it to the fore.

"Pain was the answer as it so often is. I built this device for me. Its tender attentions ministrations took me to the brink. The thread that separates life and death. In that place I found my voice. I surrendered myself to the death I knew would meet me and I screamed, my very soul shrieked out in blissful agony. That soul-cry joined with the Song of Slaanesh. It was a fleeting note. My weak, pitiful, physical form was torn apart by the intensity of its tone. But my one note in that glorious song and the price I paid to sing it, caught the attention of my sweet god and in his delightful excruciations I was remade. Slaanesh brought me into his choir but I knew that my place now was to help others find their voice."

Almost lost in the thrumming of the pain engine behind him Altrian heard the rustle of robes and a number of cybernetic limbs.

"Honoured Adept Domitian here, made a weapon of the process," the voices explained as the robotic hands of two Thallax hauled Altrian to his feet. The figure on the throne rose to his feet. Taller than a regular astartes and thinner, more graceful of limb. The full horror of its visage became clear as it spread its leathery pinions blocking the harsh spotlights and allowing Altrian's eyes to adjust. He at last made out the true horror that was his captor –Kastoros Lydon; Kastoros The Resplendent; Kastoros The Choirmaster; The Silent Song and a hundred other names besides. The daemon's ornate armour was a headache inducing riot of pink, warped into something more fitting to his form even if less practical now. Practicality was rarely a concern for the servants of Slaanesh let alone for those no longer confined to the harsh truths of mortality. His face and helm had long since blurred. Now his visage was of a cruel, living ceramite behind a static-spitting voxgrille, almost lost in a mane of tubes and cables. When he spoke the words came from the psychically slaved heads skewered on trophy racks atop the creature's throne.

"I had so hoped Fabius, would be with you. I wanted to give him my thanks and repay him in kind. I shall take some comfort, for now, in adding your voice to the song in his stead"

img_20171118_225424_703.jpg

My WiP Daemon Prince so far. What do you think?

@Ferrus Manus: They are indeed Fulgrim's legs. Anyone that has followed any of my army blogs in the past will know that I am a fickle creature flitting from army to army and when I get bored of one I sell it to make room in my cupboard and my heart for the next one :-D This was the 3rd Fulgrim I had bought and I felt like doing something bold with it.

Thanks for the comment will see if I can adjust the position slightly then.

@Res Ipsa Loquita: Well that's entirely the look I was going for so thank you!

Was trying to capture the feel of some of the artwork where the astartes seem to have this taller slender framed crop-top power armour going on. Slaanesh has warped his form to make it more pleasing to itself.

@Kierdale: Thank you, summed up the vibe better than I just have above.

@Azekai: Thank you, agonised over his face for ages, I had an idea for what I wanted and wasn't sure how I'd do it so made a start on my Sonic Helbrute and it was a proper epiphany feeling moment when I picked up ths sprue with the faces on!

I've also been working on some Noise Marine Terminators. I didn't fancy all the effort required to make combi-plasma Terminators when they wouldn't even feel especially Slaaneshi so they will all have Sonic Weapons to proxy for combi-plasma. I'm using the plastic Tartaros Terminator kits with Chaos Terminator arms and shoulders as I really love the silhouette it gives them. This is just a mock-up for now so I could test the concept there will be much more Slaaneshification go go on these.

picsart_11-05-08-56-35.jpg

picsart_11-05-08-58-14.jpg

picsart_11-05-08-57-30.jpg

If you're going fo put all your eggs in a massive Terminator deathstar-basket it would be rude not to go to excess and have a Lord and Sorcerer to accompany them... I've used Phoenix Terminator bits in place of the Tataros bits to keep a similar look and feel but more ornate for warlords of my warband. Again a great deal of Slaaneshification still to do.

Lord w/ Lighting Claws

img_20171115_204341_982.jpg

Sorcerer w/ Force Sword

I always feel like a Sorcerer / Librarian doesn't look right without a staff but I really wanted a sword so decided to blend the two with a Force Phoenix Spear/Staff/Sword thing using the Laer blade.

img_20171115_204007_522.jpg

img_20171115_204007_526.jpg

Nice work he has a lot of character, I agree that the torso is a bit too flush but easily fixed by building up the belt area a bit if you didn't want to do too much changing.

Like the Tartaros Termies too, aside from liking them generally I think their more refined appearance is more fitting for Slaaneshi aligned Marines :tu: Looking forward to seeing more, any idea when you might start slapping some paint on? What sort of scheme are you going for, EC classic or something a bit different?

@WarriorFish: Thanks. I need to get a bit more done on all of the minis so far but itching to get to painting. Got a few ideas for paint schemes. I tried a few with my previous aborted attempt at this army - here

I think I want to try and capture the sams non-uniform look I was going for last time but will just mix up how I use pinks and blacks so probably the last Noise Marine I painted in there will be closest to where I go with these but I'm a fickle creature I might well have changed my mind by the time I get to painting!

@sfPanzer: I'm not 100% sure on those heads yet but the characters do look a lot more unfinished compared to the regular Terminator so hopefully when I get the rest of those done they'll seem more like Terminators+1

@Ferrus Manus: the large tube that connects to the power armoured shoulder pad can be cut where it connects and then it lines up quite well with the base of the Terminator shoulder pad so will only need minimal work depending on the position of the arm. I think for this one I may have heated that cable slightly to bend it in a little but was nothing heavy duty involved. There's a smaller cable that I've cut back and will file the bit still on the Blaster. Not the quickest way to make Terminators for sure but not as much work as I had feared it might be when I decided to try it out! Hope that helps some. When I do the next one I'll take some pictures if you'd like