Blood Angels Reivers

Jakeball74

I won't use the skull mask/helmets for my Reivers anyway so I'm fine with yellow helmets. ^^

That being said the skull mask could look awesome together with the yellow helmet part if one would paint the skull part black instead of white imo.

I would paint the helmet black and leave just the skull part white. I like the look of the Deathwatch helmets and think they would look fine on red-armoured bodies.

Mind you, I never paint my helmets yellow or blue as I just don't like the look. Tacs, Assault and Devs all get red helmets. Veterans get gold and only Librarians get blue.

Yeah Reivers would be cool in black but then I'd like the skull masks even less because they'd be looking like wannabe chaplains in that case imo. :D

Also I kinda like the contrast to the undersuit Reivers have.

I'm kinda sad that there are no Reivers in the Dark Imperium box since they're pretty much the Primaris unit I'm interested in playing and painting the most currently. ^^

Hellblasters have been the Primaris unit that have impressed me the most but you really need a Captain to babysit them to get the best out of them.

Space Wolves can take Bjorn who will always be walking and does the same job. Dark Angels look like they will be getting to reroll 1s just for standing still so they will work well there too.

Still trying to decide if and how to incorporate Hellblasters into a Blood Angel army. I think on balance that JP Vets with plasma guns probably suit our playstyle better.

Is it just me or does that yellow helm mixed with a cream/bone faceplate look/feel off?

Just doesn't feel right, to me, looking at it. I wish this was more interpretation rather than Canon.

That's what we've been talking about. :D

If I were to use the the skullmask/helmet and paint the helmet part of it yellow I'd probably paint the skull part in black instead of bone. I decided against using it alltogether tho anyway so I don't really have that problem. ^^

I would paint the helmet black and leave just the skull part white. I like the look of the Deathwatch helmets and think they would look fine on red-armoured bodies.

Mind you, I never paint my helmets yellow or blue as I just don't like the look. Tacs, Assault and Devs all get red helmets. Veterans get gold and only Librarians get blue.

They do look good don't they? Maybe that is why I love the Flesh Tearer scheme so much. ^_^

@Sfpanzer do you have any painted Knights of Blood? I'd love to see them

Krash

Only one picture with a model I made for the GBBO in an unfinished state. My cam is pretty crappy but I gonna get a new phone soon so I can take proper pictures for my Primaris Knights of Blood. :wink:

tKyXN6E.jpg

About the Reiver...I think I gonna waste the points and get both upgrades so I can decide how I want to deploy them and still have the graple hook movement (WAY too useful on boards with properly dense terrain to not take it imo!)

Edited by sfPanzer

I think I'd prefer the helmet in a different color than the armor after all.

However I like your metalic looking under armor!

Those are not mine. I don't want to take credit for that. I like the metallic underarmor as well. I'll be painting most of my primaris up like that.

Ah fair enough!

I'm almost sad that I can't paint the under armor that way since my armor will already be that color but it looks great in break as well anyway. :biggrin.:

You could offset it with a blue glaze or something to give it a hint of something different though. ^_^