Mephiston: Revenant Crusade

Panzer

Uhm am I reading that right? Another Mephiston novel? I'm hyped! :biggrin.:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/new-art-from-the-black-library-weekendergw-homepage-post-2/

In their closing seminar at the Weekender, Black Library Managing Editor Nick Kyme and Audio Producer Matt Renshaw also revealed a bunch of titles for other forthcoming releases. Some of them are cryptic, some are exciting, and at least one heralds the return of an old friend. And just for you, here they are:

– Blackshields: Red Fief
– Hunger
– Soulbound
– Taker of Heads
– Blacktalon
– Vulkan: Lord of Drakes
– Incarnation: The Horusian Wars
– Callis & Toll: Silvershard
– Mephiston: Revenant Crusade
– Ciaphas Cain: Choose Your Enemies

And yeah it looks like they are teasing us with a potential return of Vulkan lol

Edited by Jolemai
Tags

I wonder if it ties in to the Blood of Sanguinius novel, it left plenty of room for a sequel. It was also cool to see the Librarians from the Meph novel make it into Devastation of Baal

Was thinking that as well. It was kinda open ended (the story itself mostly concluded but the mystery part that got build up not at all).

Yes, I'd love to know what this big purpose Mephiston believes he's been gifted for. Dark flames is very interesting. An old theory was that he is on the way to ascending to demonhood. (Or descending, depends how you look at it haha)

I'd not heard of him referenced as 'Two-Souled Mephiston' till DoB though.

Uhm am I reading that right? Another Mephiston novel? I'm hyped! :D

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/new-art-from-the-black-library-weekendergw-homepage-post-2/

In their closing seminar at the Weekender, Black Library Managing Editor Nick Kyme and Audio Producer Matt Renshaw also revealed a bunch of titles for other forthcoming releases. Some of them are cryptic, some are exciting, and at least one heralds the return of an old friend. And just for you, here they are:

– Blackshields: Red Fief

– Hunger

– Soulbound

– Taker of Heads

– Blacktalon

– Vulkan: Lord of Drakes

– Incarnation: The Horusian Wars

– Callis & Toll: Silvershard

– Mephiston: Revenant Crusade

– Ciaphas Cain: Choose Your Enemies

And yeah it looks like they are teasing us with a potential return of Vulkan lol

Going a little off topic, but I feel it should be addressed. That Vulkan book is a most likely (95%) a Primarch series book. So don't think Vulkan is coming back.

Edit: the title is exactly like every other Primarch book. Russ: The Great Wolf, Magnus: Master of Prospero, Perturabo: Hammer of Olympia, Logar: Bearer of the Word, Guilliman: Lord of Ultramarine.

Back on subject: I am thinking Mephiston book is after Devastation of Baal. Revenant means to come after death (BA coming back after their attack on Baal, revived by the Primaris) and we all know what crusade means. This might be a crusade to push back chaos that made an appearance in Devastation of Baal. I hope this is further expansion on the Primaris and Mephiston leading them. Maybe the flaw will make Ann appearance and Mephiston can temper them to control it.

Edited by Caldersson

It'll be interesting where it fits timeline wise with 8e.

So far we have:

Gathering Storm/Devastation of Baal

Beginning of the Indomitus Crusade

70 years of indomitus crusade leads them to Baal in time to provide final support
36 years later is the end of the Indomitus Crusade and the beginning of events as seen in the dark imperium novel.

8th Edition 40k Starts at the same time as the Dark Imperium novel from a narrative perspective.

Will the Revenant Crusade have taken place during the same time the indomitus crusade was happening south of the rift? during the 36 year period? Or will it take place concurrently with Dark Imperium timeline?

So far we have:

70 years of indomitus crusade leads them to Baal in time to provide final support

36 years later is the end of the Indomitus Crusade and the beginning of events as seen in the dark imperium novel.

8th Edition 40k Starts at the same time as the Dark Imperium novel from a narrative perspective.

Will the Revenant Crusade have taken place during the same time the indomitus crusade was happening south of the rift? during the 36 year period? Or will it take place concurrently with Dark Imperium timeline?

Don't forget that we have the Angels Blade stuff and Mortarions attack on the Konor system inbetween as well. 

Actually it's kind of amazing how much happened in that short of time when you didn't read all the novels. It feels like Gathering Storm was just yesterday. ^^

So far we have:

Don't forget that we have the Angels Blade stuff and Mortarions attack on the Konor system inbetween as well. 

Actually it's kind of amazing how much happened in that short of time when you didn't read all the novels. It feels like Gathering Storm was just yesterday. ^^

Angels Blade is part of the Gathering Storm in terms of Events. It happens immediately before Gathering storm and our forces involved in that go to Cadias defense.

Attack on Konor System is part of Dark Imperium story arc.

Nothing was forgotten brother.