Hold the line - battle report

Reviler

The Astolat 352nd Regiment hold thier defensive position against a mechanised attack by the black legion

It was against my usual opponent, using Chaos marine. For a change recently we have been playing the narrative scenarios from the rule book. We played the cities of death one a couple of weeks ago and tried the Blitz mission, from the stronghold assault section, on Monday. They have both been fun and competitive and a nice change from the standard eternal and maelstrom missions. 2000pts total.
In the blitz mission you have an attacker and defender, I defended. The defender is in a prepared position with two lines and the attacker has to advance across a, basically, open table. However the attacker gets sustained assault, so his units come back, and a preliminary barrage of the defenders position. No flyers or deep striking. Victory points for defender for each unit destroyed and attacker, one point for a unit in front line and 2 points in back line of my deployment area at end of game

My list: 15 CP's, grand strategist WL trait 
Brigade detachment: Steel legion doctrine
2 captain - one with Laurels of command
primaris psyker
6 infantry squads with plasma guns
2 sentinels with Auto cannon
Hellhound
heavy weapons squad with missile launchers
LR exicutioner
2 LR battle tanks
Astropath
3 Bullgryns
Priest
2 command squads with 3 melta and medic
Taurox 
Chimera 
Battalion: Militarum Tempestus doctrine
Tempestor prime with rod of command
Primaris psyker
10 scions 
5 scions with plasma
5 scions with melta

Chaos list:5 CP's 
Sorceror
Lord
Exultant champion
Apostle (WL)
5 terminators in Land raider
2 maulerfiends
8 Beserkers in RHino
5 marines in rhino
5 marines in rhino
Predator with 4 LC

Battle field and set up
3reOwKc.jpg
my deployment zone. 
oYBr7Vv.jpg
DBrWhsK.jpg
rGe9f88.jpg
L29J1UU.jpg
xFoLLzv.jpg
Preliminary barrage (hits units on a six, D6 mortal wounds) all hit the middle of my line causing 6 casualties on an infantry squad, 4 wounds on executioner and 1 wound (luckily as he went to ground) on a captain with laurels leading the first line)
SX48iYo.jpg
Chaos deployment, no surprises here
JeNabbi.jpg
Turn 1 - attacker goes first
dzkE3TQ.jpg
7d2YtRv.jpg
Chaos launch a full advance, except the predator, which covers the attack. I loose the executioner to massed las cannon fire (i should of used the +1 save strategy) and damage some of the other tanks.
AaQZV1w.jpg
I knock out the leading maulerfiend and a rhino. I DS the melta scions into destroy the predator, but the fail.
Turn 2:
uFTGloy.jpg
Chaos forces reach the imperial line and start to put pressure on it. Recycled rhino charges the melta scions, ending their involvement in the battle 
8Gf0JKC.jpg
Turn 3:
The berserkers, champion and apostle charge my lines. With the Apostles WL trait giving extra attacks on 5+ and the re roll to hit from zealot, and the champions re roll of wound buff, they make short work of the guard squad in their way and breach the left side of the defences.
FusTF1h.jpg
On the right the maulerfiend over runs the right hand barricade. Counter fire from the guard destroys the maulerfiend and a counter charge from the bullgyns, hiding in the taurox, destroys their rhino and kills the apostle lurking at the back of the beserkers, who got reduced down to 3 from fire.
Turn 4:
The chaos forces keep coming, the bullgryns get counter charged by champion and remaining beserkers and loose two models.
WsdT63n.jpg. The centre of my line is cleared out of defenders, but the right side resists. 
Turns 5,6, and 7
Yes the game went the full length it could , meaning we didn't finish till nearly 1am!
ZjNUCdH.jpg
The remaining scions deepstruck down to form a new defensive line to hold back the chaos reinforcements. The land raider went down to the 2 command squads melta guns, but the sorcerer stubbornly refused to die and cut his way through a psyker, while fighting a captain and a entire guard squad. The rhinos kept coming and advancing to get into zone two. In the end the defenders were down to the last of their man power with chaos forces in the lines. But we had scored 12VP from kills and the chaos forces only had 10VP's to it was an Imperial victory and this sector of the line held! Huzzah!Sorry not many pics at the end as we were just trying to get finished. The vengeance for Cadia stratagem is amazing, used it every turn

A good fun mission, i'd recommend it to play. 

Over and out