Valhallan 95th "The Blizzard Sluggers"

I have a gaming weekender coming up soon and have decided after a long procrastination that Guard are the way forward for me. Specifically Ice Wariors of Valhalla. So with a company number and a mini story (see below) to kick me off, welcome to the caves comrades!

Get up.

Dust. No.....not dust.....coppery.....

Get up.

.....not copper...iron....my mouth is full of iron?

Get up.

Gums are thick with it......breathe....mask.....masks too damaged. Tear it off...fingers feeling like bars of iron themselves....get....mask.....off

Get up.

Drop mask.....where's my longarm? It was in my hands.....snug to my shoulder....fingers of iron....iron I can taste it still....its in the air.....there's my longarm. Can't grasp it.....

Get up.

......hooked the sling with my fingers....fingers like iron bars....broken two at least.....longarm scraping over cobbles to me....fingertips brush stock....whys my other hand not helping? I'm lying on it.....broken.....come on just get the longarm...

Get up.

How.....I'm on my knees? When did that happen? Longarm....in my right hand....good....left arm....useless. Tasting iron......blood mist. Has to be. Cpl.Svastiez was to my left...gone....mist....blood mist...

Get up.

Working on that. Use the longarm....thighs are burning....deep heat of exhaustion....push....get up....

Get up.

Boots scraping...feel like iron bars too....on my feet...at least I won't die on my knees. Longarm is cycling up....cables tangled....wait for tone....wait....there it is. Target....shadow in window. Finger....iron bar...squeeze trigger. Longarm punches pack into bruised shoulder. Better.....fight...keep on feet. Get to cover....sandbags to right....Dzienotz & Frophcer are there.

Target...squeeze...bruised shoulder. Tone.....target....squeeze.....cover.

"Dzienotz....Svastiez....gone. Where's the support fireteam?"

Tone.....squeeze.....out. Drat.

"Richtreach! We thought you had died with Svastiez and were striding the caves together?"

Loading....one handed....iron fingers....

"No....I'm here...I can fight. Longarms working. I fight."

Frophcer was here? No....he's sitting now. Shards of bone for a chest....sucking, wet breathing....back to wall...sandbags to his right.....longarm snapping still in his left hand.....blood puddling

"Comrades...we will walk the caves today..."

Dzienotz barks a laugh, stands up and roars out another laugh.

"Then take it standing Frophcer!"

Rounds plucking our greatcoats we rise. Blizzard Sluggers. The 95th. Valhallan bastards all.

"We go to the caves together!"