Crusaders AoF?

Squirrely Wrath

Unless it's been Errata'd differently, you get one Act of Faith for each Crusader squad you have (assuming they're from the IG codex).

So if you have 3 units of Crusaders, you'd roll 3d6 at the start of your turn and then get an Act of Faith for each roll of 2+.

Acts of Faith "Roll a D6 at the start of each of your turns. On a roll of a 2+, one unit from your army with this ability can perform an Act of Faith chosen from the following list"

It is one unit I am afraid, having this for every unit would be awesome! but it is not the case.

Unless it's been Errata'd differently, you get one Act of Faith for each Crusader squad you have (assuming they're from the IG codex).

So if you have 3 units of Crusaders, you'd roll 3d6 at the start of your turn and then get an Act of Faith for each roll of 2+.

Acts of Faith "Roll a D6 at the start of each of your turns. On a roll of a 2+, one unit from your army with this ability can perform an Act of Faith chosen from the following list"

It is one unit I am afraid, having this for every unit would be awesome! but it is not the case.

Except that *every* IG Crusader squad has that ability.

At the start of your turn, each of those abilities triggers, meaning you roll 1d6 for each Crusader squad in your army. For each 2+ rolled, you get to pick a Crusader squad and apply an Act of Faith.

At the start of your turn, each of those abilities triggers, meaning you roll 1d6 for each Crusader squad in your army. For each 2+ rolled, you get to pick a Crusader squad and apply an Act of Faith.

It says "one unit from your army with this ability" Yes, they all have that ability, but it clearly states, one unit with this ability

It says "one unit from your army with this ability" Yes, they all have that ability, but it clearly states, one unit with this ability

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Each Crusader Squad has Act of Faith.

Act of Faith allows you to roll a d6 at the start of your turn.

If you have 3 Crusader Squads, then you'd roll 3d6.

For each roll of 2+, you'd get to use an Act of Faith on one Crusader Squad.

Bear in mind that this is not an army-rule, like the SoB Act of Faith rule. This is a unit rule. Each Crusader unit you include has the rule and so each will trigger a separate Act of Faith roll.

Obviously each individual roll can only affect one Crusader unit, but if you have multiple units then you get multiple rolls. 

It’s not phrased as “For each unit with this ability” or any such variation, just “Roll a d6 at the start of your turn”. To me, that is just 1d6 only. I admit that it’s a bit more ambiguous since it’s been transferred into the unit rules, rather than the army rules, but if the wording is the same, I’m sure the intention is the same.

It’s not phrased as “For each unit with this ability” or any such variation, just “Roll a d6 at the start of your turn”. 

Why would you need that phrasing?

You have 2 separate units that both tell you to roll a d6 at the start of your turn. Therefore, unless specified otherwise, you roll 1d6 for each of them.

To me, that is just 1d6 only. I admit that it’s a bit more ambiguous since it’s been transferred into the unit rules, rather than the army rules, but if the wording is the same, I’m sure the intention is the same.

Except that you would actually need to specify that in the rule itself.

Nowhere in the rule does is state that you only ever roll 1d6, regardless of how many Crusader squads are in your army. 

I agree that raw each unit should get an AoF that can be used by any unit with AoF on a 2+

However I would never play it this way and would be unwilling to have an opponent play it this way. I agree this needs an errata, was a bit surprised it wasn’t in the “2 weeks after” AM FAQ :P

Shredder I believe Halfpint is correct  (It does say one unit in your army with this ability (AoF).

Crusaders are a unit I want to like, you could buff with Psychic Barrier, accompany a Priest and such but that S3 is a real hangup, no way to buff it (that I can think of).

Even a way of rerolling wounds would be good. Too pricey for S3 in my opinion.

Shredder I believe Halfpint is correct  (It does say one unit in your army with this ability (AoF).

If you roll a 2+ then one unit in your army gets to use an Act of Faith.

However, my point is that you'd be rolling multiple d6. Each one can only affect one unit, but you'd have several of them.

I agree that an errata would be useful, but as-written the ability triggers once for every Crusader squad you have.

Let me ask you this though - would you still object to this rule triggering once for each unit if the SoB Index didn't exist?

Archived