Vulture Gunships

Blackwing19

Hey guys, I had been planning on running a flyer wing of three vultures, one with twin punishers and two with missile pods and hellstrikes, but with the new points changes making hellstrikes 30 points each I'm struggling to justify using them or removing things to fit in my list.

So i was wondering what loadouts everyone tends to prefer and why? I'm leaning towards more punisher cannons but not sure how they perform against armour these days

Punisher Vultures in pairs feature in most of my ranged lists and still do. I used Vultures with Lascannons and Hellstrikes for a few games, but they're unreliable I eventually switched them to Thunderbolts with Hellstrikes. With the new changes, I'll likely swap to Lightnings with 4 Hellstrikes.

Something to consider for you however. A Vulture with Lascannons and Hellstrikes was 200, it's now 220. An Avenger Strike Fighter with missile launchers is 230 points. Your average damage on the hellstrike is 4.45 compared to the 3.5 on the missile launcher, but you gain an avenger boltcannon which blows the Heavy Bolter out of the water and gives you better flexibility against elite infantry.