Electronic Razor Cats and a whiff of black sacred roses.

Hello again to the works in progress section.

I initially started a thread in this section a few years ago about blue and white 40k era world eaters which I now cannot seem to find through a couple of quick searches and looking at my content (I thought it might be best not to scroll through pages and pages of threads to find it). I was going to carry on from there but no matter.

A bit of more recent history though. I've dabbled in sisters of battle, 30/40k ultramarines, black templars and some 30/40k imperial fists,  the individual threads can be found next if anyone's interested.

Sisters

ultramarines

plus some posts in the ultramar battle muster Aug 2016 and reinforcement rush 2016 ultramarines edition

black templars

Unfortuanately I have a bad case of the hobby butterfly and cannot stick to one army for a long time so I lose motivation and move onto something else for a bit. Then I don't like juggling different threads so why not stick it all in one convenient place where I can freely change projects?

And so to current projects

Most recently I've been working on 40k deathguard which I've tried to paint up as a Purge warband with current in progress, photo worthy models being a lord of contagion and Mortarion in purge colours

24791749838_8359f6f70a_n.jpg

37946291374_5b5819b2c9.jpg

I'll probably change his hood and loin cloth to dark purple .

And following current releases

38606962236_f4a75fe388.jpg

5 female bodies. I have no idea what I'm going to arm them with with so I may just follow the loadouts on the box. I have however came up with the name 'The Electronic Razor Cats' and will probably have a mix of black and neon colours, with the goliath gangers being 'The Forge Pigs' with no models in progress or thoughts on colours yet.

Thank you Bjorn.

So while I was thinking how I was going to paint the Electronic Razor Cats I had an attempt at painting some of the Raging heroes (I'm sorry if that's heresy) Davidians in Order of the Sacred Rose colours.

24070435867_4ba4439b48.jpg

(The leg armour somehow reminds me of the currents Doom's Praetorian armour)

It may not show much because of the lack of armour but I think this might be how they would look.

And being inspired by cyber goths I am pleased to show that the Electronic Razor Cats will finally look like this!

38049184965_c543531eb2.jpg

Just a few more bits to do on the hair, armour needs highlighting, metals need spizz-zazzing, cloths need exotifying, different leathers need diversifying, gems needs non-eldar-gemifying, feathers need...

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year Fraterii!

Had a bit of a break from posting during the christmas period as I haven't been doing much hobbywise. Unfortunately I haven't made much progress on the Electronic Razor Cats asides from building the other 5, there's nothing too special to see about them as they're also built the same as the carrion queens. I've been thinking that Blue and black looks a bit boring so I've been trying different things which haven't turned out as well as I hoped. So with that I'm taking a diversion and getting Back in (not to) Black.

27660118359_5cedb3c231.jpg

Leutwin, Former Marshal of the Leutwin Crusade, bearer of titles that reflect his zealous prowess

(Flamer sword not included in picture does not mean his zealotry is no less firey)

Following on from My Knight's in Black Satin thread I thought this would be a nice distraction to work on while coming up with how to do the eschers (maybe pink fur cloth bits?) and I'm not too sure the raging heroes would be allowed on here regardless of my previous post due to the aesthetics of them(could someone clear that up?).

So as many a black templar person has said, I said 'that looks like a great crusader themed dreadnaught'. Bought it a while back for hobby droughts and here we are with the initial base coat. Unfortunately the weather here is awful so I'm not able to go out and spray so having to brush it on. Only a few more coats then he will be in Black.

Former Marshal Leutwin's new body.

The lights of the room flickered dangerously as the power was being drained by the jump start mechanisms of the assemblartorias microfactorum crate assemblage standing in the centre connected by what looked like a web of wires, cables and piping to the four walls, casting shadows over the room and the current marshal and the adept rank adeptus tech priest overseeing the process. Surges of power could be clearly heard coming from the crate, easily three times the height and width of the space marine taking up most of the room, sounding like crashes. "Is it always like this adept?" The marshal asked as crate shook, knocking loose a pipe that leaked coolant gases that would gradually mist the room. The adept adeptus made a noise (ooc: think of the BS sound the sligs in Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus make) "Only when the subject is particularly zealous my lord". All activity from the machine ceased abruptly. The lights in the room cut out and the gases continued leaking. A monstrous metallic groan emnated from the machine followed shortly after by a scrape of metal against metal.

Crash! The side facing the marine and tech priest buckled.

Crash! It buckled further and split where a shape had punctured through. Two glowing orange orbs peered through the coolant gas coming from inside before the shape punctured through again and tore downwards ripping the thick plate of the machine's side to the floor. Thick fog poured out obscuring the box and it's content. Clang! The room shook as something heavy hit the metal floor. Another clang! Then near silence. A growl sounding like it came from a metal box and then...

"I HAVE THE POWER!". The lights flickered back on revealing the mighty form or a Contemptor dreadnaught with one foot standing heroically on the mangled metal wall of the box, holding one arm which ended at it's elbow staring at the space above it.

"That is why we haven't given him his sword yet" the tech priest stated in a matter of fact tone

"Oh wonderful. He has a sword, shield and even his flamboyant personality hasn't been affected by his death." Replied the Marshal as he covered his face with his armoured hand.

27803661139_e93fa81d80.jpg

-Attending tech priests report-

-Re-zealifying the near dead body of the zealous marshal Leutwin-

-Compiled by adept adeptus x3r0x m4ch1n3-

-Compiled and translated for non-recepients of part code 0005ad93-

Process was at satisfactory standards in that it was completed.

Efficiency was inoptimal due to power fluctuations and excessive damage to asset 00000800e4 (assemblartorias microfactorum crate seemblage)and near termination of myself. I must congratulate the forsight of the assemblage team resposible for separate assembly of 0004b0ba (flaming sword) this eradicated the risk of accidental incineration of my unaugmented components and my preferred robe due to enthusiasm of subject.

Subject's condition is near adequate. The Marshal observed that the use of a variant of icon 3ad64 (terminator honour badge) is incorrect, icon 4da25 (Black Templar Cross) must be applied before subject encounters reflective surface. Underside of helm arch is unpainted and artificers must complete additional iconography.

• 4 weeks later...

@Bjorn Firewalker. Sorry I tried to make it lighthearted and funny for me (Maybe I should do orks) Unfortunately no Marshal Grayskulls around as it sounds too wolfy for me. Thundercats would be too xenos, Go bots and Transformers are forbidden by the mechanicum and various other 80s cartoon references forbidden by various rules and doctrines of various Imperial authorities. I think a sword the size of Former Marshal Leutwin's would not be so much cutty as smashy to any standard foot slogger so nut really much point in putting someone to the sword.

Gather round Fraters for a tale of heresy fit to make the staunchest, most zealous, xenos hating Son of Dorn weep in despair. This is the tale of the time a Black Templar and xenos were included in the same post.

Been a bit busy and ill the past three weeks so the marshal still does not have a sword but some of the detail and iconography has been done.

28323924419_e8556f151b.jpg

Also decided I wanted to try some red (speaking of xenos)

39205136785_a9164d1914_z.jpg

I Introduce the first appearing members of the farsight enclave police force. I don't know I just wanted to make some mecha SWAT force, like G-police meets mecha.

Because at the moment highlighting red and grey has been much easier to see than black, to green, to blue grey.

• 7 months later...

Hello again.

Sandwiching the  t'au between  2 pictures of xenos hating chapters (after a reply)

29783018867_3dea2d7b2f.jpg

(sorry about the blue bits, couldn't see them until seeing this photo. And the gryph charger)

Red scorpions! Seems like it's supposed to be a primaris army coming from the conquest collection so a distinct lack of fluffy close combat options makes not too good a templar army. Red Scorpions have a similar thing of hating just about everyone else but are commonly associated without a chainsword chained to their wrists so are sufficient (Because of scorpions disdain for sneakiness, Reivers will have to be shoved in somehow. Think hammering a puzzle piece into the wrong place with your fist regardless of it being evocative of a minotaurs approach, but more about them later)  So nice change from black to grey and yellow (shame forgeworld doesn't do those scorpion squads anymore without getting mutiple sevrin loth squads shapeways looks good for lots of icons though) and not a chapter that I see too much of.

Archived