Tartaros & Cataphractii: Use? Worth?

The main advantage of Tartaros I see having over Indomitus is being able to have a Reaper Autocannon (36" S7 Ap-1 D1 Heavy 4) and a Plasma Blaster (18" Assault 2 Plasma Gun) in a 5 man squad.

The Sergeant is also not stuck with a Power Sword being able to trade it in for a Power Fist or Chain Fist; the latter two meaning he can contribute to killing multiwound things more effectively than an Indomitus Sergeant would otherwise be able to.

Edits: Corrections and stuff.

Edited by Slips

LC Cataphracti Terminators with a Sanguinary Priest and Standard of Sacrifice sound very tempting. Wounding MEQs on a 2+ with reroll and most vehicles on a 4+ with reroll and +1A. 2+/4++/5+++ save and the Priest can heal or resurrect as necessary.

My mind is working and that is always a dangerous sign. :D

I am a fan of Tartaros marines for aesthetics. I like the cleaner, "retro" look more so than Cataphractii. However I cannot deny the usefulness of a 4++ save since it means you don't have to necessarily shoe horn them in as Hammernators unlike Indomitus termies.

I was planning on picking up a Calth box and trading the Cataphractii for Tartaros but now I may have to reconsider...

Ugh, cataphractii only come with heavy flamers in the plastic...that's disappointing.

A 17 point weapon that cannot be used on the turn they Deep strike. :dry.:

I am think Cataphracti work best kept cheap. Field a large squad with combi bolters and lightning claws. They can put out plenty of dakka on the drop, are hard to shift and can still fight well against most opponents if they pull the charge off or get charged.

Ugh, cataphractii only come with heavy flamers in the plastic...that's disappointing.

A 17 point weapon that cannot be used on the turn they Deep strike. :dry.:

I am think Cataphracti work best kept cheap. Field a large squad with combi bolters and lightning claws. They can put out plenty of dakka on the drop, are hard to shift and can still fight well against most opponents if they pull the charge off or get charged.

PLUS if you can guarantee that charge then you can pop the Archangels Strat to give them re-rolls to hit for the combis, then massed re-rolls in the fight phase.

Yeah, that seems like a fantastic thing.

I was building a side force bit by bit for a 30k army. Was primarily going for Tartaros and MK4 with some mk3 for close support troops (melta but thinking maybe 5melta/5plasma). But claw Cataphractii are disrupting that plan in my brain...