New Fallen Info

HaSY

Ops, sorry...

Anyway, isnt it funny that the supposed new Grim Resolve rule is similar to Fallen?

No? First off, looking at the Chaos and SM codexes, the chapter tactics are often mirrored. This is to have streamlined game so you don't have to remember bilion different rules.

Secondly - they were part of the legion, so you having similar tactics is actually reasonable, given that Fallen are renegades and not really Chaos devoted entry in the codex. Therefore it makes sense to have them using same tactics, drawing onto the geneseed of Lion and how the First always fought. I would say the only unfortunate about this is the timing, having the Fallen entry released first.

Either way, especially FB Dark Angels group will explode soon with yet another round of "OMG U TRAITORZ DERP" posts. Not like the 3 we're getting every day aren't enough ;)

Someone should update 1d4chan DA page then. Most people (newbs mostly and illiterate "vets") take their information from there. Guy who wrote DA stuff on 1d4 (one with all these capslocks and "deleted" text) deserves a kick in the balls or standard 42 treatment.

I disagree, in my opinion all DA players should stop being whiny sissies and just take such accusations stoicly, not take the baits and proceed with exterminating the opponent on table top.

The only reason all these drama threads and treason suggestions are still alive is, that our community reacts to them so violently by far and large. The best answer I have learned to give to such taunts is simple - "Uhuh. Okay." 

And I find the 1D4 page extremely hilarious. Heretical and suicidal, but hilarious.

It's more about internet discussions that at some point tend to degrade into "heretics and traitor" back and forth. Annoying especially when you want to discuss some topic you're really interested in and need informtion. And I woudn't mind 1d4 DA section at all if it was updated with new REAL stuff instead of being one giant meme. Certainly I don't want it to be embarasingly emotional and needy like IF section heh.

I have no problem with people I play with because they just never do it. My gaming club is kind of strict when it comes to spoling other people's fun with this kind of things (applies to all factions). :) 

I usually hear the heretic/traitor stuff from some of my friends a lot when I have my Dark Angels out.  I just laugh and tell them that the interrogator chaplains would love have a lengthy discussion of the topic over in cell 42.  I agree that the worst is from people who get all their info from 1d4chan, that gets annoying.  I play Ultramarines too, so I get to hear all the mary sue and girlyman jokes as well from those people.

I don’t really mind this whole Dark Angels are traitors meme because Dark Angels are kind of traitorous. They do objectively traitorous things like abandoning battles seemingly for no reason and will kill endless numbers to preserve their secrets. They are doing it out of loyalty however and while they regret their actions, they believe that what they are doing is right. It is this internal struggle that makes the Dark Angels so complex as protagonists and ultimately the most interesting the Chapter.