New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

The Standard of Sacrifice looks really nice. Both of the relics do, really, but I already am making some heavy use of banners in my last few games and a 5+ fnp bubble is incredible.

Yes, 5+ FNP on Sanguinary Guard!

giphy.gif

TECHNICALLY, it's just getting back 7th Edition's FNP but given how much they removed from everyone, it's now amazing.

Lemartes, an LT (or an ancient), a sanguinary priest, and endless DC... against T4, they wound on 2+ with rerolls to both hits and wounds... by the gods, I'm looking forward to see if the points make this worthwhile... and even if they dont...

I'll probably go power axe instead of priest but still rather nice.

One funny thing is how this will tear up vehicle too. A 5 men DC squad with power sword can open up a predator or dreadnought on a single charge.

I keep going back to Upon Wings of Fire. It's only 1 CP and that is a game winning strategem right there. They even explicitly say you can use it to pull out of combat- I wonder if you can charge again after using it?

I know one thing after today though- list writing is about to get a lot harder because we're going to actually have options for the first time in... a while.

I'm overwhelmed with joy, brothers! Flying dreadnought, LSS filled with CCW-scouts, wounding most things on 3+ or 4+, stormtalons (finally!), access to some fine heresy stuff, brilliant relics and some nice stratagems! Too good to be true but it is true!

In the past we wrote complaints to GW rule team. I think now is the time to show these guys some gratitude. They did some mighty fine work, it seems.

I keep going back to Upon Wings of Fire. It's only 1 CP and that is a game winning strategem right there. They even explicitly say you can use it to pull out of combat- I wonder if you can charge again after using it?

I know one thing after today though- list writing is about to get a lot harder because we're going to actually have options for the first time in... a while.

Late game though, the opposition is often quite spread out which makes deep strike harder to do. On paper it's great but it might be hard to pull off.

Late game though, the opposition is often quite spread out which makes deep strike harder to do. On paper it's great but it might be hard to pull off.
Your right Jolemai, but I was looking at it more along the lines of needing fewer backfield objective holders.

Throw everything forward, and when you need a unit way in back again thanks to maelstrom objectives or end of game, boom, a unit can be anywhere and still land on an open objective for 1 cp.

And if we get a different strategem that makes deep strike charges more reliable, it's even better.

Edit: and yes to flying librarian dreadnoughts as was the case in the old days of 5th edition, but no for the cataphracti captain, it's Psyker only.

Edited by The Unseen

My own experience is that the table starts getting pretty sparse late in the game- I've had multiple games where each player only has a handful of models left on the table when the game ends. You may not be able to drop directly only a contested objective but you've sure got a better chance of getting there with a charge or something. For 1 CP I'm pretty thrilled.

I'm picturing a flying Terminator Librarian and I have to say it's quite an image.

I have not been too active in recent years after falling out of love with the game around 7th edition and have yet to play an 8th ed game, but this preview of what is to come for the Blood Angels may have just revived my interest. So glad I kept hold of my BA, I was contemplating putting them on Ebay only the other day.

If it doesn't say you can't then you can. Only the fall back move prevents you from charging but you don't fall back you reposition yourself. It works the same with other reposition abilities. ;)

Strike of the Archangels at 2CP

Worth it?

Yeah or Nay 

It will depend on whether or not they have something to help them get into charge.  if you pay 2 CP's, and still have to make a 9" charge, then I think it's schlock.  Granted, yes it helps them with shooting...but...we have Captains for that...but also, there's only one weapon this really affects and that's the Assault Cannon.  Heavy flamer auto hits, and stormbolters...I mean...who plops down storm bolters with termies with the intent of really hoping for high damage output?

EDIT:

Eh, you know on second thought, if you bring a big unit of 10 Termies to the game with 2 assault cannons (or 2 reaper autocannons if running Tartaros), then I think the 2 CP for this strategem could make sense.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum