New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

Hidden Content

I feel like I am holding a winning lottery ticket in my hand. All these years about harping on and on and on about Encarmine Fury from 30k...and now we HAVE It (more or less) in 40k.

If this is a dream I don’t want to wake up.

Seriously good potential in here. :cuss me there’s some good materials.

Obligatory cheese time:
Hidden Content

Sanguinary Guard
—Encarmine swords
—Jump Packs
Sanguinary Priest (WL)
—jump pack
Company Ancient
—jump pack
Company Ancient
—jump pack
—new Standard of Sacrifice
Sanguinary Ancient
Libby of any flavor

S5 AP-3 D:D3 weapons sounding most things on 2’s, re-rolling To Hit, re-rolling 1’s To Wound, with 2+ armor, 4++ w/psykery, igniting sounds on a 5+, getting to swing again in a 4+, healing or getting back up on a 4+.

:O

Character soup once again but damn if that isn’t nuts.

Strike of the Archangels at 2CP

Worth it?

Yeah or Nay 

It will depend on whether or not they have something to help them get into charge.  if you pay 2 CP's, and still have to make a 9" charge, then I think it's schlock.  Granted, yes it helps them with shooting...but...we have Captains for that...but also, there's only one weapon this really affects and that's the Assault Cannon.  Heavy flamer auto hits, and stormbolters...I mean...who plops down storm bolters with termies with the intent of really hoping for high damage output?

The article says that this stratagem is good for gunning down squads of massed infantry and I recon that even the lowly storm bolter with 4 shots under 12" could pull that off.

But is that enough reason to spend 2 CP

A DC model on the charge with a hammer would expect to score 1.88 unsaved wounds against a T8 3+ monster/vehicle from the Index. Assuming they're not weakened, this +1 to wound rolls takes them to 2.50 for a 33% increase.

Throw in a supporting Chaplain to reroll all missed hits and you're up to 3.75 expected wounds.

That's stronger than an Index Captain currently is with a fist (2.96) and not far behind a hammer Captain (4.44).

Any chainsword or power sword models taken for ablative wounds in that setup would now double in expected wounds to help chip in (from 0.2 and 0.37 with Index rules to 0.4 and 0.74 with the new chapter tactic).

Hammer DC are going to have great damage output with this even if the unit receives no direct buff. And that's not even factoring in a potential Priest to wound on a 2+ roll instead of 3+...

Ooooo though I like the builds mentioned here im a little worried about this little snippet right here - 

9suw8g7.jpg

"Other that Primaris models and named characters such as Commander Dante"...does this mean that the Primaris are 'cured'?? Please dont be so, I dont want Red Ultramarines. 

I was hoping the Flaw would manifest in a subtle, more aggressive way :unsure.:

Pretty sure Primaris aren’t cured; just not exhibiting symptoms yet. Come 9th edition they’ll be as afflicted as the rest of them.

Interesting, red thirst actually encourages people to stay in melee with you, to negate your charge bonus.

Which means we might get to use our pistols!

i didn’t even think of this. Interesting. Pew pew! Edited by Bremon

Interesting, red thirst actually encourages people to stay in melee with you, to negate your charge bonus.

Omg you're right! I didn't even think about that! I...I can't even right now. So satisfied with this leak! :D

Worth it?

Yeah or Nay 

It will depend on whether or not they have something to help them get into charge.  if you pay 2 CP's, and still have to make a 9" charge, then I think it's schlock.  Granted, yes it helps them with shooting...but...we have Captains for that...but also, there's only one weapon this really affects and that's the Assault Cannon.  Heavy flamer auto hits, and stormbolters...I mean...who plops down storm bolters with termies with the intent of really hoping for high damage output?

The article says that this stratagem is good for gunning down squads of massed infantry and I recon that even the lowly storm bolter with 4 shots under 12" could pull that off.

We have a new GK player in our group. I can confirm Terminators with Storm Bolter are no joke. :D

Ooooo though I like the builds mentioned here im a little worried about this little snippet right here -

9suw8g7.jpg

"Other that Primaris models and named characters such as Commander Dante"...does this mean that the Primaris are 'cured'?? Please dont be so, I dont want Red Ultramarines.

I was hoping the Flaw would manifest in a subtle, more aggressive way :unsure.:

Primaris still have the thirst. They get the army wide rule and Guy Haley confirmed to me he wants to write a book covering how it reappears in them.

Sounds like the black rage might be cured for them however.

9suw8g7.jpg

I was hoping the Flaw would manifest in a subtle, more aggressive way :unsure.:

It means they haven't been around long enough for the flaw to appear yet as they already hinted a few times in the upcoming White Dwarf. ;)

Pretty sure Primaris aren’t cured; just not exhibiting symptoms yet. Come 9th edition they’ll be as afflicted as the rest of them.

By the Primarch I hope your right, but I doubt even GW would be foolish enough to remove what makes Blood Angels unique. Time will tell

They really nailed it! Inducting HQ's to Death Company is so cool :D I was hoping for warptime, but got something unique that fits perfectly with Meph and Libby Dreads. And the chapter tactic will be useful all the way down to the tactical squad. 10/10

By the Primarch I hope your right, but I doubt even GW would be foolish enough to remove what makes Blood Angels unique. Time will tell

Honestly while the Black Rage is the more flashy side of the twin curse, the Red Thirst is WAY more important for what makes a Blood Angel a Blood Angel. ^^

And i suppose the ones to have The Red Thirst will be infantry and bikes?

And Dreadnoughts hopefully. Not that they'd need the +1 to wound against most things anyway tho. :D

Should be infantry bikes and dreads.

And they absolutely do! I want to wound Land Raiders on 2's thank you very much.

Omg you're right! I didn't even think about that! I...I can't even right now. So satisfied with this leak! :biggrin.:

Worth it?

Yeah or Nay 

We have a new GK player in our group. I can confirm Terminators with Storm Bolter are no joke. :biggrin.:

I don't disagree. I did a tourney on saturday with RG and my Storm Bolters did great.

The question is whether it's worth it to spend 2 CP to reroll, what amounts to, on average, 5 storm bolter shots.  The wording indicates you have to spend the CP before you start shooting.  Storm bolters will hit on 3 (no penalty for moving with heavy weapons, like there will be for Assault Cannons Cyclone, or Autocannon).  So assuming 5 man squad, 4 of whom have stormbolters, you got 16 shots coming in, 11 of which will hit.  So you spend 2 CP to hit with...what...3 more bolter shots? (And 1.5  Assault cannon shots)

If you're unit has 10 dudes, including 2 heavy weapons, then yes, I think it's good expenditure.   But man, that's a lot of termies in one basket!

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

I think I'll definitely make my plan of a Dreadnought army into reality until I wait for BA specific Primaris units to build a real Primaris army. Dreadnoughts never come out of fashion. :biggrin.:

This has made me even more excited to use 40k'd Vargheists as Deathcompany dreads! (Tower of Amereo style) 25quid for 3 dreads? yes please!

Omg you're right! I didn't even think about that! I...I can't even right now. So satisfied with this leak! :biggrin.:

Worth it?

Yeah or Nay 

We have a new GK player in our group. I can confirm Terminators with Storm Bolter are no joke. :biggrin.:

I don't disagree. I did a tourney on saturday with RG and my Storm Bolters did great.

The question is whether it's worth it to spend 2 CP to reroll, what amounts to, on average, 5 storm bolter shots.  The wording indicates you have to spend the CP before you start shooting.  Storm bolters will hit on 3 (no penalty for moving with heavy weapons, like there will be for Assault Cannor, Cyclone, or Autocannon).  So assuming 5 man squad, 4 of whom have stormbolters, you got 16 shots coming in, 11 of which will hit.  So you spend 2 CP to hit with...what...3 more bolter shots? (And 1.5  Assault cannon shots)

If you're unit has 10 dudes, including 2 heavy weapons, then yes, I think it's good expenditure.   But man, that's a lot of termies in one basket!

Yeah probably not. 2CP is quite a hefty price for some S4 AP0 shots. Especially when CSM can do it this much better (Noise Marines or a Combi-Bolter squad with MoS shooting twice for 2CP).

I think I'll definitely make my plan of a Dreadnought army into reality until I wait for BA specific Primaris units to build a real Primaris army. Dreadnoughts never come out of fashion. :biggrin.:

This has made me even more excited to use 40k'd Vargheists as Deathcompany dreads! (Tower of Amereo style) 25quid for 3 dreads? yes please!

The main reason why I want a Dreadnought army is because I love how they look so sorry if I'm not too excited about your post. :P

Worth it?

Yeah or Nay 

The question is whether it's worth it to spend 2 CP to reroll, what amounts to, on average, 5 storm bolter shots.  The wording indicates you have to spend the CP before you start shooting.  Storm bolters will hit on 3 (no penalty for moving with heavy weapons, like there will be for Assault Cannor, Cyclone, or Autocannon).  So assuming 5 man squad, 4 of whom have stormbolters, you got 16 shots coming in, 11 of which will hit.  So you spend 2 CP to hit with...what...3 more bolter shots? (And 1.5  Assault cannon shots)

Yeah probably not. 2CP is quite a hefty price for some S4 AP0 shots. Especially when CSM can do it this much better (Noise Marines or a Combi-Bolter squad with MoS shooting twice for 2CP).

The main reason why I want a Dreadnought army is because I love how they look so sorry if I'm not too excited about your post. :tongue.:

If you stand a reasonable chance, with those 2 CPs, to wipe the unit out, either by direct fire or with a big morale penalty, than it might be worth it too.  (For first blood or to make sure Necrons don't bounce back).   Eh. The more I think about it, the more it has some situational uses.  It's certainly not a "go to" strategem like re-roll, Strike from the Shadows, or Hellfire Shells.