New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

The only shame is that there's no terminator armored Sanguinary Priest so I can't do an entirely terminator army.

I have still one Termi Sangpriest back from the old days waiting for his resurrection but i guess we wont get one because there is no model released or announced yet. :sad.:

Me too :cry::cry:

Heh yeah. I don't have the old Termi Priest, however I really wanted to convert a Cataphractii Priest some time ago and still wish we had him as option. 

There is no official priest model just a load of hobbyist conversions XD

The only shame is that there's no terminator armored Sanguinary Priest so I can't do an entirely terminator army.

I have still one Termi Sangpriest back from the old days waiting for his resurrection but i guess we wont get one because there is no model released or announced yet. :sad.:

Heh yeah. I don't have the old Termi Priest, however I really wanted to convert a Cataphractii Priest some time ago and still wish we had him as option. 

Well even worse! xD

I feel like crying for the fate of my TDA Priest as well. So much time and effort wasted...

o5Prlar.jpg

Edited by vahouth

Same! I have a Terminator Sanguinary Priest painted up like the one in my profile picture, and it isn't in the rules. I just made some of my own based off the Deathwing Apothecary and the Sanguinary Priest datasheets and my friends were fine with it. If you'd like, I can share the rules here

Don't forgot about this one: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Blood-Angels-Sanguinary-Priest-2014

Don't forgot about this one: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Blood-Angels-Sanguinary-Priest-2014

We were talking about Priests in Terminator armor. That's obviously no Terminator armor. ;)

I feel like crying for the fate of my TDA Priest as well. So much time and effort wasted...

o5Prlar.jpg

Do like me and house rule him? Pay the exact points for TDA upgrade, and stat changes.

He wouldn't really be optimal for tournament lists anyways. Just rule of cool. Especially with chapter approved variants of build your own land raider. No reason nor to allow a former model come back to the table top. Most PUG guys aren't going to care unless they are wet blankets.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

We were talking about Priests in Terminator armor. That's obviously no Terminator armor. :wink:

Oh, my bad. Was reading this at work. I have a Terminator Priest I made too. I used Lorenzo from Space Hulk. Shame I can never field him.

Still looking forward to seeing any rules regarding Flesh Tearers. However, as people are posting ideas about assaulting with termies. Just remember the following.

Deep Striking 15 DC (Bolter & Chainsword) 

Deep Strike (Drop Pod if necessary) A priest with them

This is going to be 30 bolter shots and when they get into combat it will be at least 45 chainsword attacks at S5 with +1 to wound. So they are still wounding T6-9 on a 4+ which is crazy good. Keep in mind that numbers matter here. You toss on the psychic power to give them all +1 attack and that is 60 attacks. They are an absolute meat grinder and you can reasonable add in a Power Fist or a few Power Swords into this unit to ensure that those big nasties will have a tough time making those saves.

I'm trying to get that Blood Angels Death Company Strike Force box for Christmas. Gonna start with them and by then I'll know if I am okay with continuing with Flesh Tearers or if I'll just buckle and rock Blood Angels. Also hope they release some GW sanctioned dice for Blood Angels. Would be really cool if they make them have some of the successor chapter icons on them as well. Similar to what they did with the Deathwatch dice.

Still looking forward to seeing any rules regarding Flesh Tearers. However, as people are posting ideas about assaulting with termies. Just remember the following.

This is going to be 30 bolter shots and when they get into combat it will be at least 45 chainsword attacks at S5 with +1 to wound. So they are still wounding T6-9 on a 4+ which is crazy good. Keep in mind that numbers matter here. You toss on the psychic power to give them all +1 attack and that is 60 attacks. They are an absolute meat grinder and you can reasonable add in a Power Fist or a few Power Swords into this unit to ensure that those big nasties will have a tough time making those saves.

I'm trying to get that Blood Angels Death Company Strike Force box for Christmas. Gonna start with them and by then I'll know if I am okay with continuing with Flesh Tearers or if I'll just buckle and rock Blood Angels. Also hope they release some GW sanctioned dice for Blood Angels. Would be really cool if they make them have some of the successor chapter icons on them as well. Similar to what they did with the Deathwatch dice.

They say in that Community post that all BA successors use Red Thirst and all BA rules. They specifically mention Seth with Red Thirst.

I love that box of DC.  I wish it had like, 5 more of em in there but it's such a great box. I got that and the Archangel Intervention Force (The 15 Terminators) and that's the elite side of my BA collection.  3 Stormravens, 3 Dreads, and 3 10 man tacticals to back em up.  2 Chaplains, 2 Sang Priests, 5 Sanguinary Guard and Lemartes otherwise.

I never got to be a fan of the characters of Blood Angels until I just recently read Dante.  Now I want a larger than normal Dante with Bobby G levels of detail applied to him.  I also want a new Mephiston cuz I absolutely :cussing hate the sculpt they currently have (It's just so god damned boring).  Give me a Mephiston with awesome blood wings or summoning some blood magic or something.  Standing there with his sword is just snoresville.

Also want to point out that I'm super excited to run a Scout force in Land Speeder Storms with Intercessor support. The scouts will wreck most blobs with the +1 to wound and chainsword+bolt pistols. Really looking forward to the options Blood Angels will have now. For a long time I've been contemplating just switching to Ultramarines because of the volume of options they have. I'm still contemplating it. I know I'll be building at least two Flesh Tearer(Blood Angel) forces though. My Death Company Force and my Flamer list that I posted months ago. The flamer list just looks like too much fun to not play. Though with the addition of some of the new flyers I might need to rethink how I want to deliver my Heavy Flamer Dev squads. Though I might still just rhino them up the field and use Rhinos to block assault lines from dangerous units.

Hope this comes out the week before Star Wars so I have plenty of time to read the codex.

Drop pod with shooty peeps, maybe vanguard, maybe devs with grav/bolter. Mephiston is along for the ride and they all pile out and set up within 9". Flying Death Company and Lemartes show up, also within 9".

Mephiston casts flying spell and gets close, then he can cast the attack buff spell or shield of Sanguinius . Maybe even smite. Shooty people do their shooting. DC charge, hopefully make it with the reroll.

Mephiston then charges.

Hack and maim, consolidate into enemies as needed.

Don't get me wrong, everything in the preview is awesome...but the pattern with index to codex is that armies are getting considerable points cost reductions on most everything. I'm still most looking forward to not paying 20 points for power fists, 8 points for angelus boltguns, etc :tongue.:

I'm already winning most games with index points costs, I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna play with  approximately 25% more army on the table

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Does anyone know why you would take a captain or chaplain as death company? Their buffs effected everyone before right? 1 cp for +1 strength on one character (or whatever the buff is for the death company, haven't played BA since release)

On another note, this might tempt me to start BA again. I really wasn't impressed with the index and they felt quite bland

I'm curious with the Captain. Right now they give all BA units nearby the reroll of 1s and the wording of that new stratagem suggests they simply gain Black Rage and Death Company without losing anything, meaning they'd keep the aura applying to all BA units but now get the extra attack on the charge and be buffed by Lemartes/Astorath on top.

Yet in the Index our DC version of Tycho loses his reroll aura over the standard Captain version.

It makes sense for DC Tycho to lose the aura as he can hardly command others while running round like a headless chicken thinking that Gretchin over there is Horus but it'll be interesting what happens with this Stratagem.

If the character chosen keeps their original aura then a DC Lieutenant would be a very nice addition with Lemartes and a pack of DC, stil giving them all the reroll of 1s to wound while getting the same damage output as a regular Captain on the charge (or indeed higher with Lemartes' buffs included).

Using the stratagem on a Captain would probably be less optimal but still be fun, going for higher damage output on a character that might be acting away from other DC in a regular Captain's role.

Edited by Thoridon

Leaving aside answers along the lines of "because it's pants!", why do people feel the (what was called FnP) save of those with the Black Rage will be altered from 6+++?

I honestly don't believe it will get changed, but if I had to make a guess I'd say because people feel like it's too weak compared to all the stuff other factions got with their Codex release.

....so basically "because it's pants!" after all. :D