New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

That's a lot of words to justify a rather bland and weirdly posed model.

Sorry, I probably should have followed that with /s.

Won't be purchasing.

The regular primaris lieutenant with a BA power sword will look much better I think.

I was talking about that article, not your post. ;)

Considering that the regular Primaris Lieutenant model has almost 100% the same pose but executed better and switched weapons which also looks a lot better I will probably get this one cheap on ebay and use the parts to BA-sify the regular ones model.

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/blood-angel-LT.jpg

884820_md-Lieutenant%2C%20Primaris%2C%20

I agree with the bland/weirdly posed. And how is a Primaris marine very old-aged and a sword master? I thought Primaris marines were basically brand new?

If you can call being in active duty for about 150 years being brandnew. ^^ Edited by sfPanzer

I'd just prefer if they kept the selections all in one place. "Ok, so you want to start this army? Well, you'll be needing the Codex, but you'll also want to buy this book, because it's got better options for unit X. Oh, you want your Captain to have a Power Axe? Yeah, that's not in the Codex, but it is in this other book, so you'll need that too."

I mean, how hard is it to just keep things having the same options? Don't remove them for an arbitrary reason, then remember that you design your kits for cross-compatibility and promote conversions, so throw a half-hearted FAQ spreadsheet together to explain what situations you use pure Codex, pure Index, or a hybrid of the two. How about just don't remove them in the first place?

I definitely see where you're coming from. But as a new player, I don't really mind how it is. It is odd to see options for a model (like DC who can take power mauls and power axes) and then get the kit and not see any of those options in there. I definitely looked at the DC kit and thought, "why would they give me these options if I can't make it without getting other kits"

But other people want to be able to model their units with more options (and I probably will get there as I get more units and bits). 

I'd just prefer if they kept the selections all in one place. "Ok, so you want to start this army? Well, you'll be needing the Codex, but you'll also want to buy this book, because it's got better options for unit X. Oh, you want your Captain to have a Power Axe? Yeah, that's not in the Codex, but it is in this other book, so you'll need that too."

I mean, how hard is it to just keep things having the same options? Don't remove them for an arbitrary reason, then remember that you design your kits for cross-compatibility and promote conversions, so throw a half-hearted FAQ spreadsheet together to explain what situations you use pure Codex, pure Index, or a hybrid of the two. How about just don't remove them in the first place?

I definitely see where you're coming from. But as a new player, I don't really mind how it is. It is odd to see options for a model (like DC who can take power mauls and power axes) and then get the kit and not see any of those options in there. I definitely looked at the DC kit and thought, "why would they give me these options if I can't make it without getting other kits"

But other people want to be able to model their units with more options (and I probably will get there as I get more units and bits). 

It's mainly just because up until about half-way through the last edition, it was a lot more open in choice. The kits were designed as such, so that they didn't necessarily have to give the options for everything on the sprues, then they limited everything and took away options. The Dark Eldar got hit particularly hard, losing heaps of previous weapon options that they previously had access too.

Basically up until then, it was fairly common for GW to give options that didn't have parts provided. The previous Tactical Squad box had a flamer and a missile launcher, from memory, Chaos Marines used to get a plasma gun and heavy bolter. Hell, they still don't have a plastic Havoc kit, so it's either old metal models for them for any other heavy weapons, or converting from other kits. It's a bit arbitrary in that sense, as by the same sort of logic Chaos Marine squads should be limited to heavy bolters only for heavy weapons but aren't.

Anyways, I'm dragging this off-topic enough. Apologies.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion

Tabletop tactics are doing a full codex preview at midnight tonight (UK time). 

24296622_10159478151055618_8333840791804

On their facebook page people asked if there was a good way of getting our guys close to the enemy to which they replied, "You'll all be very pleased with the delivery systems available"....
Along with their image featuring a lot of sanguinary guard and death company plus they specifically used "descent of Angels"......

Here's hoping guys! 

I think we said why we aren't that fond of him plenty of times already. ^^

Cool, you're wrong then.

The pose isn't almost the same.

The right let is forward and left is back.. sure.

But:

- the angles of the legs imply movement here where the DI lieutenants pose suggests he's stopped to shoot.

- this one has a tabard, and different, more BA styled leg detailing.

- the abdomen is angled differently, as is the breastplate, again, it's got more movement. It also has a BA symbol.

- the right arm is out to balance his pose , and has one or the most detailed marine hands we have seen (the other being on a DI sergeant.

- the left arm is again positioned differently to fit the half urging the soldiers forward from the front line pose.

- the swords angle compared to arm is indeed off.

- the sword is unique looking and is reminiscent of other BA swords, we seem to favour single edged blades in GW opinion.

I can understand not liking it due to it being "plain" as many love the death company kit, personally I'm happy to see something less OTT, I've always mixed my BA kits with existing ones to avoid excessive bling anyway.

:D

Cool, you're wrong then.

But:

- the angles of the legs imply movement here where the DI lieutenants pose suggests he's stopped to shoot.

- the abdomen is angled differently, as is the breastplate, again, it's got more movement. It also has a BA symbol.

- the right arm is out to balance his pose , and has one or the most detailed marine hands we have seen (the other being on a DI sergeant.

- the left arm is again positioned differently to fit the half urging the soldiers forward from the front line pose.

- the sword is unique looking and is reminiscent of other BA swords, we seem to favour single edged blades in GW opinion.

I can understand not liking it due to it being "plain" as many love the death company kit, personally I'm happy to see something less OTT, I've always mixed my BA kits with existing ones to avoid excessive bling anyway.

:biggrin.:

Let's agree to disagree then. ^^

Cool, you're wrong then.

But:

:biggrin.:

Let's agree to disagree then. ^^

No no no no.

That isn't how the internet works! I demand that we rage at eachother ineffectually!

(Yeah sounds reasonable:D)

On their facebook page people asked if there was a good way of getting our guys close to the enemy to which they replied, "You'll all be very pleased with the delivery systems available"....

I'm super curious to see what they're talking about regarding the delivery systems they've mentioned - or, more specifically, if its anything beyond the gear and strats expected! Or if theyre just referencing those three/four.

Lemmy would make a great additional combo I think with rerolls to charge - as would at least a Flybrarian.  Add to the reroll die regular strat, we've actually got quite a lot of options for charge buffs.  Though - it will cost us, of course.  

As for DoA.....who knows...you may find that some members of the board have already called it - just as it happened with the CT.  Synchronicity works in mysterious ways!!!! 

Why all the dislike for the new BA Primaris? He looks pretty awesome imo.

Personal taste. I think I'll just stick with the Dark Imperium version.

As for DoA.....who knows...you may find that some members of the board have already called it - just as it happened with the CT.  Synchronicity works in mysterious ways!!!!

I am really hoping for something like this. Red Thirst as a general attribute that units get for being Sons of Sanguinius and DoA being Trait we get for being battle forged.

Of course id depends which DoA people are referring to. :ermm:

Edited by Karhedronuk

Agreed, the pose is almost perfect, and is surprisingly dynamic.

I'll be looking at the sword hand to see if I can tweak it slightly. But that's about it.

The sword HAS to be altered for the rest of the pose (which is actually really good) to make sense.

I think he's pretty cool. Going to model him with the helmet though. 

And most of the Primaris are 100+ years old. The timeline has moved to after the Indomitus Crusade which took about 115 years. 

That's still basically a fetus in BA terms. Our guys get old.

Of course id depends which DoA people are referring to. :ermm:

Indeed.  Or more specifically which one of the wishlist rules we came up with! 

We should totally do some kind of guess the rules comp next time.  Give brownie points to people who call it way ahead of time !