New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

Sounds like Dante is unchanged - worst chapter master still.

What makes Dante so bad? He's fast and strong, has a re roll aura.
He used to be unique in that he brought an extra warlord trait to represent being such a supreme commander.

Now both Azrael, Marneus (and Guilliman) all give extra command points.

Dante does nothing like it... For no reason...

My only thought is that he'll get a new model sooner than the others to represent his Warden of Imperium Nihilus or whatever with new rules.

Edited by Charlo

Death Company seem unchanged which sucks. Seems like my 2 favorite units Baal Preds and Death Company will languish this edition. :sad.:

Your joking right? Death Company are amazing! Bolters and Chainswords! I love them! 

They haven't changed from the Index. I have been using them in every game I've played weekly since 8th dropped. They're ok. Not great.

What makes Dante so bad? He's fast and strong, has a re roll aura.

He's hugely expensive for what he actually brings to the army.

It also sucks that they outright said hes not on the same level as a strategist compared to the other chapter masters... seriously.

Chosen to lead the 2nd war of armageddon, chosen to lead all the blood angels successors in the defense of baal, chosen as basically guillimans proxy in the entire northern imperium AND he had a special rule for being a strategist in multiple codexes.

Honestly I'm far less excited for the codex after the last 2 hours.

Lucifer engines is a stratagem now: 6" extra movement for non-flyer non-dread vehicles, or 6+D6" extra movement for Baals.

Was that for normal moves or advance only?

It increases the movement statistic, so any kind of move.
it is advance only, sorry

No changes for Mephiston unless his points got reduced.

Killshot stratagem is in the codex and can be used with baal predators.

If his points went down I think he's perfectly fine.  He just costs too much right now.

There's also a warlord trait that gives a 6" heroic intervention range.

If he still has a basic inferno pistol instead of the proper perdition pistol, doesnt have any extra rules and didnt get a significant price drop, I dont see much point to using him - which sucks as he was my favourite character forever.

We don't know if his points went down or not as far as I know.  I don't think his amount of special rules makes him good or bad.  He is faster than any other chapter master, has an additional attack and his axe is awesome, especially with red thirst now. 

There's a stratagem that lets blood angels get an extra attack on a hit roll of a 6+ in melee against chaos marines.  It's on a 4+ against Black Legion.

Angelus Boltguns are 3 points.  130 points for a librarian dreadnought.  80 for a furioso.  1 for a hand flamer.

Edited by Emissary

Honestly I'd be massively disappointed about the lack of love for all our BA specific units...if I hadn't decided to build a Primaris only army already. Now I'm just very disappointed. I guess all the good stuff was already crammed into the article last monday. :(

FLG said it's the hardest hitting cc marine army even when taking Chaos into account.

FLG said a lot of things about BA. I have yet to see one of it coming true.

I think this may be the most disappointed I've ever been with GW :sad.:

Seriously? Man, you guys need to relax. Yeah, the Baal, DC, and Dante aren't great options. Everything else is pretty solid. The army will play differently than any other marine army. We'll be fine. I'm still super pumped.

I'm not bummed out in the least. Sorry, but I'm still optimistic. Yeah, Dante is getting hosed. That being said, he has the best "fighting stats" of anybody, save RG. 

I'm not sure why I need fast Baal predators advancing, as they don't have assault weapons, right? Also, I don't want to get close to get locked into combat with my flame ball predator.

I really wanted DC to have some form of double attack, or a special stratagem.

Anyway, I'm still excited, I can't wait. +1 to wound will be a big deal. Flying Angelic Mephiston is going to crush.

Maybe dantes rules haven changed. Has his points cost? I thought they dropped Libdread by like 50pts or so? 1pt hand flamers.

Things are solid middle of the road. The last codex was nids which was phenomenal as it was such an improvement over the last dexes, but nids had so much further to go. Comparatively, BA needed much less to make them better.

Is black rage just a flat +1a now, not just on the charge?

Maybe dantes rules haven changed. Has his points cost? I thought they dropped Libdread by like 50pts or so? 1pt hand flamers.

Things are solid middle of the road. The last codex was nids which was phenomenal as it was such an improvement over the last dexes, but nids had so much further to go. Comparatively, BA needed much less to make them better.

Is black rage just a flat +1a now, not just on the charge?

Black Rage rules are the same as Index.