New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

As I mentioned in the N&R thread, there's something in the transcript nobody else seems to have noticed or simply didn't mention yet:

Strategium Increase Charge distance (no details given)

If it's 2+ inch and useable after deep strike it's gold and possibly the most useful stratagem in the whole Codex. Even if it's only 1" or "roll 3d6 ignore lowest" it's still very good.

I don't think it's possible to beat Upon Wings of Fire. That's got to be one of the strongest strategems in the entire game

Upon wings of fire is great but being able to reposition our FLY units quickly seems pretty pointless if we can't get our heavy hitters into melee to actually kill something. :wink:

It can do that but that's only a part of it's strength. The ability to kill is always good but I've always said this game is won and lost in the movement phase and what Upon Wings of Fire does is give you a tremendous number of options.

It's lets you heavily punish any mistakes your opponent makes in their positioning. If they move their screening units too far forward you can immediately jump a squad of something scary into the gap to punish their backline. Remember that Inceptors also have jump packs so we'll be able to move them all over the table so we don't necessarily depend on making the charge after our redeploy.

It also gives us the opportunity to easily redeploy buffing characters to where they are needed most. Maybe you deepstrike a bunch of jump infantry along with Dante for an alpha strike but they get mostly killed after that first turn. You can yank Dante out for a single CP so he can start providing his re-rolls to your own backfield or someplace else where he can keep generating value for you.

There's also the fact that we can pull a squad of out a disadvantageous combat using this strategem and then have the chance of getting them into another fight on the same turn.

Let's also not forget the obvious use in taking objectives which alone makes it a game winning strategem.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be very nice to be able to make 9" charges more consistently but I really feel like people are underestimating how insanely strong a 1cp redeployment for most units in our army that can't be denied is.

Again, I didn't say it's a bad stratagem. Not by far. However we have a heavy focus on melee after all and no matter how great your movement phase is, if you can't get into melee to play your army to its fullest strength you won't win many games. Both are awesome Stratagems and will (possibly) get used quite a lot in any BA army but overall I value being able to get our units into melee a good bit higher than being able to re-deploy a unit per turn.

Wait, who says Dante isn't a great strategist?

Calgar gave him command at Armageddon. He's probably one of the best tacticians and leaders in the galaxy.

The guy who was talking about the Codex on the live stream if I understood correctly. Then again it seems he just learned yesterday about Blood Angels from what people reported lol

So couple things, are we sure the dice are legit? Haven't seen anything on this side of the pond :(

I will get the special edition, because it's BA. School is winding down so Hobby goodies get to be a thing again.

If Dante isn't ace that's rubbish for aforementioned reasons. Anyword with we get a ruddy Vanilla chapter master? xD

If not house rules continue. Same for Reclusiarch.

P.S. I hope Xenith does another arena as a special occasion for our release *winkwinknudgenudge"

(which means 3 weeks to build, name, paint, and then BATTLE!!)

I'm excited about everything. I love the characters in the books but my personal opinion is that they need to stay in the books. I want my captain to be the hero of the story I'm playing. So I shy away from named characters almost always unless it is severely handicapping my armies performance.

Building that mixed chapter+successor army is almost set in stone right now imho. I hear the Baal Pred has stayed the same and that kind of makes me sad but maybe it will get a rule or a strat that allows it to fire it's flamers after advancing. ^_^ Either way... good times are coming.

Riiiight. Why is he talking to people about the BA, exactly?

He didn't learn about BA yesterday in literally way. He just didn't make the impression to know what he's talking about.

Your question is still valid tho. My guess is because he was free and nobody else had time/wanted to do it?

Building that mixed chapter+successor army is almost set in stone right now imho. I hear the Baal Pred has stayed the same and that kind of makes me sad but maybe it will get a rule or a strat that allows it to fire it's flamers after advancing. :happy.: Either way... good times are coming.

It definitely makes the plan I had in mind in 7th a lot easier. Now I can build a Dreadnought army with a Dreadnought for each successor Chapter without feeling bad about it. :D

So couple things, are we sure the dice are legit? Haven't seen anything on this side of the pond :sad.:

Dice are legit. I saw them. Blood Angel icon on the 6, Skull on the 1s. Blood Drops instead of pips. They look OK. Not great.

Just go on the GW site and switch the country to New Zealand, preorders are up.

preorders are up? 

So couple things, are we sure the dice are legit? Haven't seen anything on this side of the pond :sad.:

Dice are legit. I saw them. Blood Angel icon on the 6, Skull on the 1s. Blood Drops instead of pips. They look OK. Not great.

Just go on the GW site and switch the country to New Zealand, preorders are up.

preorders are up? 

On New Zealand section, yes.

Wait, who says Dante isn't a great strategist?

Calgar gave him command at Armageddon. He's probably one of the best tacticians and leaders in the galaxy.

The guy who was talking about the Codex on the live stream if I understood correctly. Then again it seems he just learned yesterday about Blood Angels from what people reported lol

The guy was Wade Pryce, a "Games Developer" we don't know if he worked on this book.

He said Dante doesn't give command points as he isn't one of the great tacticians like Calgar or Guilliman.

Normally as he is in development, and could possibly be forgiven for not knowing too much abpout BA background, the rules should be developed according to background. There were also gaffes that anyone who'd flicked through the BA index and read the WH Community article would not have made.

We have to remember that we are the 1% and 99% of players will not have been frothing over this release., and not have so much information.

Do we know if Encarmine swords/axes are coming down in price? Right now it is better to take power fists on SG which doesn't seem right.

Swords are 12, axes 16.

Was that on Twitch? They still seems pretty pricey.

E: Definitely not in love with the dice like I was hoping for.

Edited by Pendent

I was super nervous, then I was on high from the Red Thirst reveal that I couldn’t possibly come down from...

...except if they :cuss -ed Dante which it seems they may have (will await final judgement). That’s the one thing that could possibly :cuss in my punch bowl. I won’t dwell on the negative vibes, but if people want to know why it’s sucj a HUGE negative, it’s the fact that proportionately speaking, Dante is one of the top 3, if not THE, most potent non-Primarchs in the setting. He’s been :cuss -ing :cuss up for 1500(!!!) years...1000 if which were as a Chapter Master. That’s longer than Roboute Guilliman’s been out if stasis on both sides of the Heresy...combined. He was unanimously given overall command at 2nd Armageddon due to the respect he has among all other SM Chapter Masters...

...he’s met the Silent King...

...and survived...

He soloed the Swarmlord.

Even in the latest official fluff Guilliman says he is one of the few people of this age that never has to kneel before him, so great is his reputation and exploits. And then names him King in the North, basically.

Put all that in perspective, and he gets a neat-o axe, a jump pack, and a death mask....and that’s it?

That’s it?

Seriously?

So...IF his stats remain just as they are in the Index without any sort of “just kidding, here’s the new model” up-their-sleeve-reveal, it would be VERY disappointing.

If you still don’t get it, imagine if they made Eldrad Uthran able to cast two psychic powers. And that’s it. And people were like “why you complaining? He can cast TWO powers!”

Rant over.

Pics or it didn't happen. This is too good to be true! I'm going to grab at least three sets! :happy.:

Edit: On the New Zealand site... OMG! I want 4-5 sets!

Lol! I was looking at the price and I was like... Whaaaaa! Everything is so expensive.. then I saw the $58 for the dice and I about cried. Then I realized again I was on the New Zealand site lol! Goodness me... LOVE the dice!

Edited by Aothaine

Do we know if Encarmine swords/axes are coming down in price? Right now it is better to take power fists on SG which doesn't seem right.

Swords are 12, axes 16.

Swords are 13 and axes are 16 currently.  So if true, swords got a 1 point discount and nothing for axes.

Agree on the dice, not impressed.

Pics or it didn't happen. This is too good to be true! I'm going to grab at least three sets! :happy.:

Here are the dice: 99220101015_BloodAngelsDice01.jpg

Well hopefully Lawrence and the TT fellas have a good preview this eve yet. (More detailed and combo driven and such)

Should be some good laughs either way probably.

I recall hearing that GW was going to update data sheets with new models in the box going forward.

I suppose that is why Dante is more or less unchanged index to codex? Hope so anyhow, that seems a pretty big failure otherwise.

Any word on the Sanguinor? Maybe I read past it. I assume at this point he is getting the Dante treatment also.

How about the other named fellas?

I am liking what I am hearing on point drops so far so good there more or less.

I am going to withold my other opinions and let things develop.

Still excited for more info this weekend.

Any word on the Sanguinor? Maybe I read past it. I assume at this point he is getting the Dante treatment also.

They specifically stated no changes for Mephiston, but that the new Blood Angels stuff like the stratagems or spells should make him better.  They didn't mention any reduction in points cost.

Swords are 12, axes 16.

I didn't watch the twitch stream so no idea if it was there or not.

They specifically stated no changes for Mephiston, but that the new Blood Angels stuff like the stratagems or spells should make him better.  They didn't mention any reduction in points cost.

Mephiston seemed pretty well costed in the index, to be fair.

Encarmine weapons should be getting the same price drop as force weapons did in chapter approved, since they were identical cost and stat wise.

I will be more than a little miffed if they don't, because it'll mean Sanguinary Guard will stay to expensive to be worth it.

It does sound like the models themselves are dropping 2ppm and the bolters are dropping to 2(?) so that does help quite a bit, at least. Still pricey but they'll have some good synergy and have their own stratagem with an amazing name- Behold the Golden Host.