New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

Regular Assault squads might see some fun use in MSU with 2 Plasma and a Combi-Plas?

That's not insignificant shooting power and you could combine them together with auras and what not. Can be in a transport or deep strike into Rapid Fire Range!

Regular Assault squads might see some fun use in MSU with 2 Plasma and a Combi-Plas?

That's not insignificant shooting power and you could combine them together with auras and what not. Can be in a transport or deep strike into Rapid Fire Range!

Since they aren't in the troops slot I doubt their marginally lower cost would make them more attractive than company veterans.

can't take combi weapons on assault sergeants

Ohhh dang... can you take a plasma gun?

Ohhh dang... can you take a plasma gun?

I think you can only take pistols. One of my Sgts. has a plasma pistol.

Keep in mind inceptor shot heir price down quite a bit.
221  177pts for 6d3 plasma shots
113 for 5 shots for assault squad

Assault might be better to fill brigade slots but inceptor have some advantages like t5.

I still prefer the Bolter inceptor for their price but I think CA made them playable

Edit: inceptors are enev cheaper than I tought!

Edited by Brother Crimson

Inceptors are all around awesome (remind me VERY much of plasma crisis suits tbh).

Their only weakpoint is the model for me. It's the only Primaris unit I can't seem to fully like. ^^

I didn't like mine until I actually started painting them up, now I adore them. They don't look as chunky as they do in picture, just solid. They really give the sense of being something that could survive reentry.

Inceptors are all around awesome (remind me VERY much of plasma crisis suits tbh).

Their only weakpoint is the model for me. It's the only Primaris unit I can't seem to fully like. ^^

Yup. I hate the model. I have meltas on my assault squads.

On second thought, it's not really the model per se, it's more the loopy, uncontrolled look of them while they are "in flight".

I knew the good guys were in trouble when Bone took off the Christmas Jumper and invoked Khorne ...

I have a feeling that doing both DC and Sanguinary Guard with Dante also hurt.

Shows the difference. Khorne Berserkers are a consistent unit for longer games. JP-heavy BA will want to try and end it in the first few turns, lest they lose steam.

I knew the good guys were in trouble when Bone took off the Christmas Jumper and invoked Khorne ...

I have a feeling that doing both DC and Sanguinary Guard with Dante also hurt.

Shows the difference. Khorne Berserkers are a consistent unit for longer games. JP-heavy BA will want to try and end it in the first few turns, lest they lose steam.

A valid concern.

One can get too flashy and lack stamina indeed.

The slow blade penetrates the shield...

DCDN & Rhinochasis based something for me to start I think.

Backed up with a few key flash units Khorne can only dream of... =)

I don't see how Berzerker are any more consistent than our JP melee units tho? 

We only lose steam when we get stuck in a unit or get shot to bits. Two things Berzerker would suffer just as much from. While Berzerker are less likely to get stuck we have a much easier time to chose our fights so I'd say it's a draw there. And our units are actually more durable (6+ FnP, Stormshields or 2+ armor anyone? A tasty 5+ FnP standard on top of that armor maybe?) so we aren't eas easily shot to bits than Berzerkers. Sure it all costs points but that's how balance works.

Late game when all the units are scattered across the board Berzerker would struggle getting anywhere without a transport while our JP units would have much less of a problem to keep charging the enemy. Especially with the Wings of Fire Stratagem.

I don't see how Berzerker are any more consistent than our JP melee units tho? 

We only lose steam when we get stuck in a unit or get shot to bits. Two things Berzerker would suffer just as much from. While Berzerker are less likely to get stuck we have a much easier time to chose our fights so I'd say it's a draw there. And our units are actually more durable (6+ FnP, Stormshields or 2+ armor anyone? A tasty 5+ FnP standard on top of that armor maybe?) so we aren't eas easily shot to bits than Berzerkers. Sure it all costs points but that's how balance works.

Late game when all the units are scattered across the board Berzerker would struggle getting anywhere without a transport while our JP units would have much less of a problem to keep charging the enemy. Especially with the Wings of Fire Stratagem.

Absolutely true =)

It comes down to the way they hide in their metal bawkses (Rhino) and force the charge.

My primary opponent is a khorne flake.

Metal bawkses are good stuff *nod.

I have beaten Bezerkers with the index list so I am not saying they are clearly superior or anything.

They will eat your lunch if you let them charge you. It's a dance for sure.

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

BeZerkers with chainaxes in a rhino are, point for point, still better than anything we can muster even with the new dex. Having a unit that can put out 6 (8 on the charge if they are WE) Str6 -1AP per model for 17 pts a pop is ridiculously effecient and scary.

But we do have some very nice new tricks, and fighting something like Khorne, or Orks, or even Nids, we're going to need serious fire support to back up our tricks, and not throw ourselves willingly into their chainaxes/choppas/claws, like the BA player did.

He had what, 3 actual threats?

Sanguinary Guard, DC, and libby dread?

With 4 additional characters, and then 15 tacs with short range weapons only, and 3 razorbacks, again with short ranged weapons.

Nothing to pop vehicles or monsters at range, low model count, quarter of the army in support HQS+Dante.

Drop Dante, the tacs+razors for melee scouts, and 2 quad Las preds, and already the list looks way better.

Edit: and rather than split his forces and hit back right flank sang guard turn 1 and run libby dread and DC up the middle right, shouldve held back a turn, and then used mobility to collapse on a flank. drop the guard on the left flank to join up with the libby and DC charge turn 2.

Suddenly those helbrutes and the juggerlord are a non factor for 2+ turns except their lascannons.

Edited by The Unseen

Any game where you find yourself eating a bunch of charges from beserkers is one you've probably already lost. I think he might have been able to make a win if he'd kept some of his assault units in reserve and used them to hit the beserkers after baiting them out but it would have been an uphill battle. It doesn't matter how good your army is in assault, you still need a backfield to pop transports and the like so that your assault units can stab the soft insides. Using assault for destroying hard targets is even less dependable now that it was back during 7th.

Any game where you find yourself eating a bunch of charges from beserkers is one you've probably already lost. I think he might have been able to make a win if he'd kept some of his assault units in reserve and used them to hit the beserkers after baiting them out but it would have been an uphill battle. It doesn't matter how good your army is in assault, you still need a backfield to pop transports and the like so that your assault units can stab the soft insides. Using assault for destroying hard targets is even less dependable now that it was back during 7th.

Ehh, I'm not sure about that, at least if done right. A 10-15 man death company squad can completely surround a rhino and stands a pretty good chance of destroying it, especially if you damage it first. Positioned right whatever's in the rhino won't be able to disembark and will all die. But you're probably only going to be able to do that to one target a game, so you definitely still want some shooting.

I saw this mentioned earlier, but as far as I understand that's not really how it works anymore. There are no exit points on transports in this edition. They just need to deploy within 3"(?) of the vehicle body. Unless you're bringing a huge crowd of DC I don't think this works.

Now a gigantic mob of Nids could blanket the entire area and pull this off however.