New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

So there is talk about the possibility of an additional "Chapter Tactic" in our codex.

Death Guard got "Disgustingly resilient" and a legion trait of "Inexorable advance".....So could we get "the red thirst" and something else?

Thoughts?

This is my gut feeling. I'm thinking the red thirst is just a special rule, like the black rage, that most/all of our units will get.

I hope/wish/pray that we get movement bonuses as a reward for being battle forged

Also, flying Dreads. Inspired me:

Here. We. GOOOOOOOO!!!

Imagine the look on your opponent's face when you slap this bad boy onto the table!

NOdjSqe.png

I ran out of likes so long ago, but this woke up my wife with my gleeful cackling. You sir, are a hero

I think I neef some giant bat wings magnetized for the Librarian Dread just for the times I make him fly. :biggrin.:

As we speak, the flybrarian is getting tagged as OP on other forums...

You do need to magnetise the top of him as well - how else is Dante going to ride him across the sky?

Then when he touches down in the middle of an enemy deployment zone... yell out 'HULK SMASH'. 

I think I neef some giant bat wings magnetized for the Librarian Dread just for the times I make him fly. :biggrin.:

You do need to magnetise the top of him as well - how else is Dante going to ride him across the sky?

Then when he touches down in the middle of an enemy deployment zone... yell out 'HULK SMASH'. 

Everything new that's awesome gets tagged as OP on forums. Not surprised there. :D

Do I have a little primarch Mephy - who is a t5, w5, s5 (10/ -3/ D3) 4 attacks (and buffable up to 6), with 2+/4++ (psychic power) and then in-build 5+++/ and then another 5+++ for banner/ and the another 6+++ for warlord trait.... and wait for it - we have a command re-roll for those once in a leap year missed wound.

And now he strides a range of 19 inches...

Wont be 4++, sadly. :sad.: 

And named characters have their own WL traits.

But the idea stands- still very strong :biggrin.: 

I love the idea of him blazing ahead and kicking ass.   

4++ is a shield of sanguinius. I do not recall the case when psychic power was heavily modified form Index to Codex ( I think they had 6 powers table from the start, but cut only three of each, so I doubt they change that)

And yeah - it is truth that he will have in-built warlord trait - but that could be the one we saw - it is also a possibility)

The risk here is the datalate of Mephiston itself. That can be changed for sure.

My guess is we'll like his new WL trait more.  

As for the other stuff.... 

Edited by Morticon

Then let them know that BA Priests and other units ornaments are usually cups and grails.....

For the tears of our enemies. 

Let them cry. We've been in the dark too long. 

Bring it. 

Edited by Morticon

Everything new that's awesome gets tagged as OP on forums. Not surprised there. :biggrin.:

Oh of course - I'm just always amused when it happens not only before someone has played against the rule, but *before it is even available for pre-order*. :-)

So there is talk about the possibility of an additional "Chapter Tactic" in our codex.

Death Guard got "Disgustingly resilient" and a legion trait of "Inexorable advance".....So could we get "the red thirst" and something else?

Thoughts?

This is my gut feeling. I'm thinking the red thirst is just a special rule, like the black rage, that most/all of our units will get.

I hope/wish/pray that we get movement bonuses as a reward for being battle forged

According to the chat with Reecius in the post over on Frontline Gaming the "Red Thirst" is the chapter tactic.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/27/blood-angels-codex-information/

You can check it out there in the comments.

Edit: Yup a +1 vote for Flybrarian for me too.

Edited by brother_b

Thoughts?

According to the chat with Reecius in the post over on Frontline Gaming the "Red Thirst" is the chapter tactic.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/27/blood-angels-codex-information/

:tu: 

Given that the aeronaught/flybrarian datasheet stays the same, then the artisan WL-trait and red thirst stack up well with the force halberd. Still only 3 attacks, but these are hitting on 2+, s10, red thirst means it wounds T9 on 2+ and inflict flat 4 damage with -4 ap

Edit: added ap -4

Edited by Are Verlo

Given that the aeronaught/flybrarian datasheet stays the same, then the artisan WL-trait and red thirst stack up well with the force halberd. Still only 3 attacks, but these are hitting on 2+, s10, red thirst means it wounds T9 on 2+ and inflict flat 4 damage with -4 ap

Edit: added ap -4

So about 8 damage split in two wounds. If the enemy has an invul save or FnP ability even less. And all we have to do is use a psychic power on an expensive HQ which is our warlord as well and send it on what is most likely a suicide mission unless we manage to threaten the enemy lines with multiple other units in that time as well.

Really not OP imo. :D

Aeronought is so elegant—like the finely crafted blade of the angels themselves—yet Flybrarian has that inescapable vernacular charm. Despite my personal preference of the former, I have to give in to the likelihood of Flybrarian.

It’s probably useful that people think it’s OP this early on.

Can you say DISTRACtION CARNIFEX?

Aeronought is so elegant—like the finely crafted blade of the angels themselves—yet Flybrarian has that inescapable vernacular charm. Despite my personal preference of the former, I have to give in to the likelihood of Flybrarian.

It’s probably useful that people think it’s OP this early on.

Can you say DISTRACtION CARNIFEX?

How much of a Distractian Carnifex is he with the characater keyword and less than 10 wounds tho? A Distraction Carnifex you can't shoot at is not a good Distraction Carnifex. :biggrin.:

Edited by sfPanzer