New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

In 5th I used to run the flybrarian with wings and shield supported by jump assault marines and jump death company.  It worked well enough with a bit of finesse, though nothing compared to mephy back in the day.  I can see a flybrarian doing ok if supported and being totally fun, but it's definitely not OP. 

Although for it's points cost I'd rather spend a bit more for Dante just to get those hit rerolls (assuming that rule sticks in the new 'dex).  I can't get over how well Wings of Fire will may work with Dante because he can support almost any group of units at a whim.  It's basically spend 1 cp to teleport move a prescience bubble almost anywhere.  Here's some ideas:

1) Hide Dante back with the long range fire support to provide rerolls and alpha strike deterrent.  WoF Dante to the front once your vanguard is in position.

2) Alpha strike Dante with a suicide squad toting special weapons.  WoF him out of danger next turn.

3) Late game objective grabbing, as noted by others earlier in this topic.

May I remind you that not a week ago you were all depressed and fearful and now look at what you got :wink: That Banner is pretty good, one of the things I am actually jealous of :biggrin.:

No you may not. That would mean we lost hope at some point which would be preposterous for us Blood Angels! :P

May I remind you that not a week ago you were all depressed and fearful and now look at what you got :wink: That Banner is pretty good, one of the things I am actually jealous of :biggrin.:

No you may not. That would mean we lost hope at some point which would be preposterous for us Blood Angels! :tongue.:

Search your feelings. It's the internet. You know it to be true :P

I am good with Flybrarian but Flynought or similar points out that it is the DN we are talking about. Just saying.

On the people crying OP - definately premature. I am thinking folks are mostly concerned about the ability to get where you want to be to SMITE things.

I am hearing GW is going to address smite spam in the March FAQ so don't run out and buy 5 just for that is my advice.

I am curious to see our overall psychic powers list and how it's costed before I decide how good this thing is really.

It's kinda GWs distratction carnifex on us at the moment - hehheh.

Need Input - circuits teased with incomplete information today.

If it looks like a duck does it still quack like a duck ?

Who is on First, What is on Second, I Don't Know is on Third...

SO...

Think I am gonna go thru my Ancients and try to decide where I might be carrying that sweet sweet sounding Standard of Sacrifice.

I think we could start a thread soonish just to talk what +1 to wound roll does to prefered CQC weapons and intended targets and such.

Where is my abacus...

Regardless of Mephiston's warlord trait he is now a pretty terrifying prospect, he can be delivered by transport right in front of the enemy lines, move up to 1" out, then fly 12" which will likely be enough to find a gap in the enemy deployment, he can then reroll charges so is likely to get into whatever target he is after. He's then wounding a warhound titan on 2's. So is pretty much killing anything without an invuln.

Regardless of Mephiston's warlord trait he is now a pretty terrifying prospect, he can be delivered by transport right in front of the enemy lines, move up to 1" out, then fly 12" which will likely be enough to find a gap in the enemy deployment, he can then reroll charges so is likely to get into whatever target he is after. He's then wounding a warhound titan on 2's. So is pretty much killing anything without an invuln.

Dont think you have the disembarking rules quite right there, matey! 

Also, why is he getting reroll charges? :O

Also, why is he getting reroll charges? :ohmy.:

Wings of Sanguinius

Also, why is he getting reroll charges? :ohmy.:

Wings of Sanguinius

Oh wow!! O_o  didnt read the whole power. Thats awesome.  Either way, 6" + 12" + charge is solid.  

Honestly if people really think the Flybrarian is overpowered then I wonder why T'au aren't a top tier army currently since the Quad Fusion Commander can just drop in and shoot 4 S8 AP-4 D1d6 at BS2+ which would be about as much damage as the Flybrarian would do against anything up to T7 with much less effort and without risking your Warlord. And they can do it with multiple ones even (and kinda have to due the rest of the Index being so overcosted).

Just something that I forgot since I'm not doing the whole Commander spam and now remembered again. :tongue.:

Pretty sure I got the rules right,think I just worded it badly what I meant was disembark and move up to the enemy lines 1 inch from the enemy model. Then fly 12 with wings in the psychic phase, and then charge with a reroll due to wings.

That is if they would not destroy the transport where Mephiston is riding in....which is most likely one of the highest priority targets if such a strategy could mess with the opponents plans. ^^