New preview out on WH community

Xerxus

Honestly if people really think the Flybrarian is overpowered then I wonder why T'au aren't a top tier army currently since the Quad Fusion Commander can just drop in and shoot 4 S8 AP-4 D1d6 at BS2+ which would be about as much damage as the Flybrarian would do against anything up to T7 with much less effort and without risking your Warlord. And they can do it with multiple ones even (and kinda have to due the rest of the Index being so overcosted).

Just something that I forgot since I'm not doing the whole Commander spam and now remembered again. :tongue.:

Telling ya man the OP cry has a first name - and it's S-M-I-T-E.

Fear that some tourney WAAC fella is gonna bring a bunch of these casting ? powers a turn to get quickly to that juicy screened lynchpin target for the mortal wound spam is why the cries are there in my opinion.

The punchy meltagun and force halberd are like gravy.
We shall see how many points it costs *nod.

Pretty sure I got the rules right,think I just worded it badly what I meant was disembark and move up to the enemy lines 1 inch from the enemy model. Then fly 12 with wings in the psychic phase, and then charge with a reroll due to wings.

That is if they would not destroy the transport where Mephiston is riding in....which is most likely one of the highest priority targets if such a strategy could mess with the opponents plans. ^^

Drop poooooooooood!

Pretty sure I got the rules right,think I just worded it badly what I meant was disembark and move up to the enemy lines 1 inch from the enemy model. Then fly 12 with wings in the psychic phase, and then charge with a reroll due to wings.

That is if they would not destroy the transport where Mephiston is riding in....which is most likely one of the highest priority targets if such a strategy could mess with the opponents plans. ^^

Drop poooooooooood!

Possibly expect that to be FAQ'd? If you Pod in 9" away, you can't disembark or move closer. Would it allow you to move closer using Wings? The spell says you move as if it's your Movement phase, but it doesn't say *what* movement phase or with any quantifying points. Is a deep strike movement phase any different from a foot movement phase?

Drop poooooooooood!

Definitely a better option than trying to drive him close. :tongue.:

Honestly if people really think the Flybrarian is overpowered then I wonder why T'au aren't a top tier army currently since the Quad Fusion Commander can just drop in and shoot 4 S8 AP-4 D1d6 at BS2+ which would be about as much damage as the Flybrarian would do against anything up to T7 with much less effort and without risking your Warlord. And they can do it with multiple ones even (and kinda have to due the rest of the Index being so overcosted).

Just something that I forgot since I'm not doing the whole Commander spam and now remembered again. :tongue.:

Telling ya man the OP cry has a first name - and it's S-M-I-T-E.

Fear that some tourney WAAC fella is gonna bring a bunch of these casting ? powers a turn to get quickly to that juicy screened lynchpin target for the mortal wound spam is why the cries are there in my opinion.

The punchy meltagun and force halberd are like gravy.
We shall see how many points it costs *nod.

How exactly do you plan to smite spam like that when you can cast the Wings only once per turn? Also it's not like bubble wrapping isn't a thing. The Librarian Dreadnought isn't exactly easy to place between enemy units if your opponent knows that's what you're going to try. :tongue.:

Edited by sfPanzer

Drop poooooooooood!

Possibly expect that to be FAQ'd? If you Pod in 9" away, you can't disembark or move closer. Would it allow you to move closer using Wings? The spell says you move as if it's your Movement phase, but it doesn't say *what* movement phase or with any quantifying points. Is a deep strike movement phase any different from a foot movement phase?

Same as warp-time, which is allowed after teleporting. As per the Index Chaos FAQ:

Q: When I manifest the Warptime psychic power, can I select a unit that arrived on the battlefield as reinforcements this turn?

A: Yes.

My Poor Servitors didn't see those IW Terminators coming...

Drop poooooooooood!

Oh sure rain on the parade. 

Opponent: Dude you actually brought a drop pod 

Me: Yeah

Opponent: What ya got in it.

Me: Well his wallet says SuperMep

Opponent: Have you seen the new FAQ?

Story of my life.

Edited by Jolemai
Swear filter dodge

Drop poooooooooood!

Same as warp-time, which is allowed after teleporting. As per the Index Chaos FAQ:

Q: When I manifest the Warptime psychic power, can I select a unit that arrived on the battlefield as reinforcements this turn?

That's not what I mean. I know you can cast if you arrive from reserves, but can you move inside 9" on the turn you arrive without issuing a charge?

Drop poooooooooood!

That's not what I mean. I know you can cast if you arrive from reserves, but can you move inside 9" on the turn you arrive without issuing a charge?

CSM are doing it all the time with Warptime so I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do it with a power that has basically the same wording.

If it worked any differently to wartime I'd be very surprised, only it can only affect the psyker and not a selected unit. So yeah my assumption (dangerous I know) would be yes, if you successfully cast it after dropping in via drop pod you can then move up to your 12" in any direction and ignore intervening terrain/models as per the fly key word.

May I remind you that not a week ago you were all depressed and fearful and now look at what you got :wink:

The after effects of year after year of neglect and poor meta-balance, i'm afraid. 

Come join us in the celebrations :biggrin.::tongue.:

Oh, I am definitely happy for you guys ;) I am just struggling with my own temptation right now :P

May I remind you that not a week ago you were all depressed and fearful and now look at what you got :wink: That Banner is pretty good, one of the things I am actually jealous of :biggrin.:

You aren't jealous, you're going to come home to the BA and sanguinius' embrace brother.

Well, I have never been at home here, so there isn't much of a homecoming. And no, I am not planning to move :P

Drop poooooooooood!

CSM are doing it all the time with Warptime so I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do it with a power that has basically the same wording.

Yeah, as the 9" restriction is just when they deploy at the end of the movement phase.

Warptime/ Wings just give an additional movement as if it were a normal move phase, so the only thing you can't do is go within 1" of enemies. There are no other restrictions on movement in that regard. So, assuming you roll a 5+ on 2D6 for the Psychic test, you can get a guarantee'd charge with a Pod/ Jump Pack Deploy/ TDA Teleport and Wings of Sanguinius.

Edited by Charlo

Just thought of it....a Flybrarian means we'll have a Dreadnought that can get up ruins to charge something or sit on an objective. God my opponents will be so surprised the first time I pull that off! :biggrin.:

Wont you need to cast Wings again to get off?

Just thought of it....a Flybrarian means we'll have a Dreadnought that can get up ruins to charge something or sit on an objective. God my opponents will be so surprised the first time I pull that off! :biggrin.:

Yeah of course. You need to get the FLY keyword somehow. Hence why I said the Flybrarian. :P

He meant deploying him up there and then jumping down.

No I didn't. ^^

I think Jolemai is right.

Seems a bit too good although letter of the law legal as far as I can tell right now.

Prolly be FAQ'd

How so? Again, CSM can pull that off with way harder hitting and more expendable units like Berzerker, Chosen, Terminators etc.

We'd be limited to Psyker only. Not just that CSM can do the same thing without anyone complaining, we can't even do it as well as they do. I don't see why we should expect a nerf coming here.

EDIT: damn, ninja'd by Charlo. :D

Edited by sfPanzer