The FAQ Crusade

Marshal Arthur

I don't like either to have primaris standing near regular marines. That is why I chose to go full Primaris, even though there is a lack of chainswords. Hopefully GW will release proper assaut primaris.

Concerning the fluff, you do whatever you want with it. Since my crusade went full primaris, there is no fluff problem ^^

I think that They have Both they're role. I think that intercessors are quite good at Mid-field objective holders And some mid-range fire support.

Crusader squads are more versatile, And are better as cc support, or special shooting vs monsters/vehicles.

I don't like either to have primaris standing near regular marines. That is why I chose to go full Primaris, even though there is a lack of chainswords. Hopefully GW will release proper assaut primaris.

Concerning the fluff, you do whatever you want with it. Since my crusade went full primaris, there is no fluff problem ^^

Meh, I went opposite and took no Primaris in my BT army... they just don't appeal to me in any sort of way... 

I'll probably take a Redemptor, since being a brain jar should imply that it can be piloted by a normal ragged Marine instead of a Primaris...

If it sounds like I'm shooting myself in the foot by doing so, then it's not really... I have Assassins, Mechanicum and Inquisition to pick up the slack in shooting and Psychic defense... better than any overgrown Marine that has Guilliman genes...

So for our request how about something similar to this:

As members of the 40k community I first want to thank you for your amazing efforts at community outreach with 8th edition. Your openness in the transition and willingness to accept feedback has made us all feel like valued customers and participants in the new system. As Black Templar players we especially want to thank you for giving us a zealous role in the Gathering Storm and some very exciting rules. The Emperor’s Champion feels as intimidating as he should and is a terror to enemy HQs, while our crusader squads remain versatile and ready to respond to any challenge. The cenobyte servitors give us a safe avenue to play large crusader squads, and Helbrecht is a powerful characterfor both his buffs and combat prowess. The crusader’s helm lets us risk deep strike assaults without losing buffs and is all around an amazing relic. We, however, feel there are a couple areas that need attention in our army list and would like to present them for consideration. First and foremost every Black Templar is in agreement that neophytes are currently overpriced. At the moment they cost the same as scouts but lack the ability to forward deploy. That power is a key strength of scout squads and without it there’s no apparent reason neophytes should be priced the same. A simple decrease of one or two points should suffice. Second are our beloved Land Raider Crusaders. While it packs far more firepower and durability than the last edition it is easily locked in combat as is. Furthermore, with the price adjustments in chapter approved it has gotten more expensive. Raising the price of ssault cannons may be justified but now a Crusader is to expensive to warrant taking and is more of a liability. A price deduction on the Land Raider chassis would help immensely. Finally while our chapter tactic is useful it doesn’t seem quite on par with other chapter tactics such as the ultramrines which provide two useful buffs. We’ve discussed this and among the many ideas and thrown around one idea was to give us a buff to our consolidation move alongside our charge reroll, helping us to better surround and destroy our enemies. Thank you for listening to our feedback and we look forward to seeing the future of 40k.

I like the majority of it with exception to suggesting a specific buff. I feel like they will be more inclined to listen to us if we say something along the lines of "We Templars are looking to be more effective in fighting the enemy in hand-to-hand combat. Our chapter tactic allows us to get there reliably, but it seems Templar units lack the necessary power behind their punch. What we as a community would like to see is a tool or rule to help our units utterly destroy the enemy, the Black Templar way, in close combat. We fully trust that you, GW, will able to come up with a solution that is appropriate to the iconic style of our faction." If you directly suggest a specific buff I feel like they are less like to listen to us because it will sound like were saying "we know better than you, please do this." Which is of course not at all our intention. 

As members of the 40k community I first want to thank you for your amazing efforts at community outreach with 8th edition. Your openness in the transition and willingness to accept feedback has made us all feel like valued customers and participants in the new system. As Black Templar players we especially want to thank you for giving us a zealous role in the Gathering Storm and some very exciting rules. The Emperor’s Champion feels as intimidating as he should and is a terror to enemy HQs, while our crusader squads remain versatile and ready to respond to any challenge. The cenobyte servitors give us a safe avenue to play large crusader squads, and Helbrecht is a powerful characterfor both his buffs and combat prowess. The crusader’s helm lets us risk deep strike assaults without losing buffs and is all around an amazing relic. 

However, we feel there are a couple areas that need attention in our army list and would like to present them for consideration. First and foremost every Black Templar is in agreement that neophytes are currently overpriced. At the moment they cost the same as scouts but lack the ability to forward deploy. That power is a key strength of scout squads and without it there’s no apparent reason neophytes should be priced the same. A simple decrease of one or two points should suffice. Second are our beloved Land Raider Crusaders. While it packs far more firepower and durability than the last edition it is easily locked in combat as is. Furthermore, with the price adjustments in chapter approved it has gotten more expensive. Raising the price of assault cannons may be justified but now a Crusader is to expensive to warrant taking and is more of a liability. A price deduction on the Land Raider chassis would help immensely and, finally, while our chapter tactic allows us to get there reliably Templar units lack the necessary power behind their punch. What we as a community would like to see is a tool or rule to help our units utterly destroy the enemy, the Black Templar way, in close combat. We fully trust that you, GW, will able to come up with a sensible solution that is appropriate to the iconic style of our faction.

Ok I added Sydonian's suggestions at the end and broke it into a more readable format. Personally I love it, this is a nice letter that acknowledges their efforts, presents clear issues and doesnt pretend to know better than they do, its perfect.

But the main problem is that you have to hit hard in close combat. Thats never happen - we need a cc buff next to better consolidation. And Servitors are simply NOT good. They always die at first.  They need the "character" keyword.

And next thing is that all other fractions without the accessories (all Chapters expect Ultras) use to have good options for CP. Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tyranids etc are cheap enough.

nothing will come of nothing, luck cannot be forced, but it likes obstinately people.

Looks a lot better than most things of this nature, actually.  Very respectful and reasonable in tone.  I would just add on by floating the idea of cancelling withdrawal from melee, in whatever form they choose.  But in some ways, the less specific the better, so perhaps not.

I’m still up for doing it. It may not be enough for some but I feel it’s our best bet at getting anything. Jumping out and demanding too much will likely do more harm than good whereas this gets our foot in the door. Lasting change comes in small steps not bounding leaps after all.

So is this the letter we're sending?

As members of the 40k community I first want to thank you for your amazing efforts at community outreach with 8th edition. Your openness in the transition and willingness to accept feedback has made us all feel like valued customers and participants in the new system. As Black Templar players we especially want to thank you for giving us a zealous role in the Gathering Storm and some very exciting rules. The Emperor’s Champion feels as intimidating as he should and is a terror to enemy HQs, while our crusader squads remain versatile and ready to respond to any challenge. The cenobyte servitors give us a safe avenue to play large crusader squads, and Helbrecht is a powerful characterfor both his buffs and combat prowess. The crusader’s helm lets us risk deep strike assaults without losing buffs and is all around an amazing relic.

However, we feel there are a couple areas that need attention in our army list and would like to present them for consideration. First and foremost every Black Templar is in agreement that neophytes are currently overpriced. At the moment they cost the same as scouts but lack the ability to forward deploy. That power is a key strength of scout squads and without it there’s no apparent reason neophytes should be priced the same. A simple decrease of one or two points should suffice. Second are our beloved Land Raider Crusaders. While it packs far more firepower and durability than the last edition it is easily locked in combat as is. Furthermore, with the price adjustments in chapter approved it has gotten more expensive. Raising the price of assault cannons may be justified but now a Crusader is to expensive to warrant taking and is more of a liability. A price deduction on the Land Raider chassis would help immensely and, finally, while our chapter tactic allows us to get there reliably Templar units lack the necessary power behind their punch. What we as a community would like to see is a tool or rule to help our units utterly destroy the enemy, the Black Templar way, in close combat. We fully trust that you, GW, will able to come up with a sensible solution that is appropriate to the iconic style of our faction.

What's the address to send it to?