Primaris Successor Sanguinary Guard Conversion..?

Ahistorian

I don't much care for Inceptors. There, I've blasphemed. I like the rest of the Primaris stuff, but them not so much.

I have six though, no doubt with more to come. Seems ripe for a Sanguinary Guard conversion. T4/2+ seems pretty similar to T5/3+.

My other Primaris characters have Grey Knight swords. The chapter is in white, blue and brass with quite a few World Eater/Space Wolf heads. I'm running them as BA successors though, because I prefer their fighting style. And the Baal.

My question to the forum is - how would you convert Inceptors to Sanguinary Guard? What "counts-as" would you use? I want to stay away from the traditional wings-and-blood-drops because the chapter heraldry is a wolf rampant (like the old War Hound dog), so I'm a little stumped on glaives encarmine. I'm also not sure what to "counts-as" for Angelus boltguns, since standard Space Marine arms will look especially puny on Inceptor bodies.

I thought maybe Terminator arms..? But that doesn't solve the angelus/glaive issue.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

So you like the models but not the rules? That is honestly the exactly opposite of how most people feel in my experience. With Chapter Approved/our Codex they are extremely well priced for how much firewpower they bring, but for many (not myself, fortunately) the model leaves something to be desired. What do you not like about the rules?

I've found that arms/legs for normal marine kits just do not look right with primaris stuff, even the Terminator stuff just seems puny. Weapons sometimes can work, there's a good chance that something wrist mounted like the Angelus Boltgun would look a little wonky.

So you like the models but not the rules? That is honestly the exactly opposite of how most people feel in my experience. With Chapter Approved/our Codex they are extremely well priced for how much firewpower they bring, but for many (not myself, fortunately) the model leaves something to be desired. What do you not like about the rules?

I've found that arms/legs for normal marine kits just do not look right with primaris stuff, even the Terminator stuff just seems puny. Weapons sometimes can work, there's a good chance that something wrist mounted like the Angelus Boltgun would look a little wonky.

I'd just assume the regular assault bolter could counts as for most.

Getting a good axe or sword is going to be  bigger problem for how large they are.

I don't much like the twin-pistol thing, or the hoods, which I will cut down a bit. I guess for me, jump marines should always be bringing the pain in melee rather than aping Tau battlesuits.

You want the Stormcast Prosecutors if you want Primaris SG. They fit perfectly. Look out for Stormcast bits, for their sword arm bits fit on every model of theirs.

That would be pretty cool, but I've already earmarked my Prosecutors to be Vanguard Marines in my truescale Imperial Fist force.

Having gone down the local store today, I was wondering whether Custodes weapons/arms would suit?

Wow this is a great idea! I really do want to huge up my Blood Angels. As long as they are on the correct base size I can't see GW making a huge fuss over it. I was thinking about using the khorne models from the fantasy line for my berserkers too so using the Stormcast for the SG sounds like a solid plan imho.

Terminator arms fit, although they are a little bulkier. I suppose Custodes arms fit as well. The issue is that Custodes should pads are too big for the model.

Would Custodes arms accept Space Marine, Terminator and/or Aggressor shoulder pads? That might be a perfect solution.