Vicotria Minis -- anyone have pics?

CrusherJoe

So I'm considering adding some female models to my Guard (as I run them with my Sisters quite a bit). I really like the idea of the Victoria Arcadians, but I would really like to see some completed models. Specifically of the sergeants and officers in both flak jackets and greatcoats. 

Does anyone have any pics they'd be willing to share of these minis?

Apologist those look awesome!

Mine are far from finished I've only built 1/5 of them. Plus they're not flakk donning pansies. ;)

The thing I like about the VM female sculpts, is that they're not over done and they are actually slightly smaller than their male counterparts, of the same model line.

@ Apologist:

No problem! Your blog photos were extremely helpful to me a few months back when I was considering whether to get a full Arcadian army or expand my metal Catachans.

The Arcadians lost out in the end due to cost and fragility (and the limited heavy weapons models), but your scale pix and thoughts were most welcome. I also liked your efforts on your own Regiment too, but I didn't really want to just copy you! :P

Thanks very much, all; such lovely miniatures deserved the best effort I could wring from my rusty ol' paintadendrites. If anyone's interested in how I tackled the camo, it's much the same as used on my Lamb's World guard – I did a step-by-step tutorial which you can read through this: [+noospheric inloadlink embedded+]

IMG_2258.JPG

Coming back more squarely on topic, I like the Arcadian models a lot. There's a lot of versatility in posing, aesthetically they're very close to classic Cadians (which I adore), and they kitbash well with GW material in terms of styling. I also appreciate the fact that the female Arcadians (and other regiments) are military models first and foremost, and the sense of gender in both the male and female troops is borne out naturally within the style of the already slightly-exaggerated 'heroic' aesthetic.

I've used both metal and resin parts from Victoria. I personally preferred the metal, owing to the increased resilience for fine parts like gun barrels (and a nostalgic preference for weight in hand). That's not to denigrate the resin, though, which was very cleanly-cast, requiring little cleanup or prep. Well worth a punt, particularly as the shipping costs have come down a touch, too.

Edited by Apologist

I've got a bunch of the female heads that I was using in some kit bashed sisters of battle. I used a combination of blood angels back packs, Eldar guardian legs, Dark Eldar Hellion female torsos, Victoria heads, and arms from the sisters of silence. I have no complaints with the heads. They are well detailed, and they glued on fine. They take paint well. No issues with them at all.

IMG_2258.JPG

-Snip-

I see scout legs and scion head but i cant source the torso after looking through Victoria miniatures. Did you get it some somewhere else?

took a quick skim of your blog and you've certainly put a lot of love into your regiments.

I see scout legs and scion head but i cant source the torso after looking through Victoria miniatures. Did you get it some somewhere else?

took a quick skim of your blog and you've certainly put a lot of love into your regiments.

Thanks – I'm an inveterate converter, so apologies if it's a pain to pick bits apart. You've spotted the legs; and although though the head's actually from the Catachan command sprue, the Scions are nigh-identical anyway. The torso and backpack are one piece from the FW Cadian hazardous environment set, as is the arm with the lasgun. The other arm is from a FW Chaos renegade set, I think.

Don't want to take this further off-topic, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks – I'm an inveterate converter, so apologies if it's a pain to pick bits apart. You've spotted the legs; and although though the head's actually from the Catachan command sprue, the Scions are nigh-identical anyway. The torso and backpack are one piece from the FW Cadian hazardous environment set, as is the arm with the lasgun. The other arm is from a FW Chaos renegade set, I think.

Don't want to take this further off-topic, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I have 17 of those heads. I'm going to use them for a ten-man Vet squad and mix the rest into my units to have a little variety.

When I bought them, years ago, from a bits place that no longer does bits... I had ordered FIVE of them (due to budget constraints) and they kinda flubbed my order so to make it up to me they sent me a whole bunch of extra stuff of the parts that I ordered.

Ended up with a LOT of bits that I might never get around to using.

I'm going to try, though.