30k Dark Angels Characters

Ashen Sabre

Not yet. For certain It will be a very long wait.

1. Dark Angels book (Angelus) must be released first. I bet some random "misshap" will occur (something went wrong at the printers, they need to "rebalnce"/finetune stuff, etc )and release will be postoponed.

2. FW has to make actuall models. It can take years.

Edited by rendingon1+

Astelan, Luther, Corswain, Zahariel, the leaders of different factions in First Legion and then you have Cypher(s) to manipulate them. 

Yeah, though having Lion would also be nice, though I am not aware of any release dates for him other than rumors

The only HQ's I am certain we will get are Corswain and Luther. Anyone else is up in the air. And even then I believe Alan Bligh said something about Luther not being in Angelus because he's not in the this part of the story.

Granted, many things could have changed since then...

Edited by ShadowCore67

Astelan and Corswain. Those two need to fight.

The only time Corswain and Astelan could have met as opponents on the field would have been at the destruction of Caliban, which is during the Scouring and isn't the focus of Angelus.

I'd also argue that if Corswain fought Astelan then we wouldn't be able to see Astelan in 40K as there's no way he'd survive. Corswain is one of the top space marine combatants in the Horus Heresy along with Abaddon, Sigismund, Sevatar and Raldoron. Of course anyone can beat anyone given the right circumstances, but still...

Nothing yet and won’t be until Angelus releases

Actually there were IIRC 2 named characters in HH books, including that Blackshield lion ex-chapter master. But yes, FW really takes time and under-delivers as usual...

We have a single character from 30K, but he's not that popular in the Legion and you have to purchase 2 unwanted guys with him.

Yup, I can see how heretics wouldn't like two most prominent anti-chaos chapters out there :rolleyes:

Is there any indication of what Angelus covers? Because FW aren’t doing characters who aren’t important to the campaign in the books (ie. Bjorn).

I can easily see Holguin and Redloss if the campaign is based around Imperium Secondus, and Corswain if it’s set in Thramas, but I don’t see Luther, Zahariel, Cypher or Astelan being included unless Angelus has a Caliban campaign. And I don’t think that will happen until the Scouring.

Somewhat off topic but Holguin and Redloss made me think of it, I would love a Voted-Lieutenant Praetor or Consul option so we can build them for the other wings.

Is there any indication of what Angelus covers? Because FW aren’t doing characters who aren’t important to the campaign in the books (ie. Bjorn).

I can easily see Holguin and Redloss if the campaign is based around Imperium Secondus, and Corswain if it’s set in Thramas, but I don’t see Luther, Zahariel, Cypher or Astelan being included unless Angelus has a Caliban campaign. And I don’t think that will happen until the Scouring.

Somewhat off topic but Holguin and Redloss made me think of it, I would love a Voted-Lieutenant Praetor or Consul option so we can build them for the other wings

Would we not use a Forge Lord for the Ironwing perhaps?

Astelan and Corswain. Those two need to fight.

The only time Corswain and Astelan could have met as opponents on the field would have been at the destruction of Caliban, which is during the Scouring and isn't the focus of Angelus.

I'd also argue that if Corswain fought Astelan then we wouldn't be able to see Astelan in 40K as there's no way he'd survive. Corswain is one of the top space marine combatants in the Horus Heresy along with Abaddon, Sigismund, Sevatar and Raldoron. Of course anyone can beat anyone given the right circumstances, but still...

Amen.

I'd like to expand your excellent list to also include Alojos, Jubal Khan, Karn, Nykona Sharrowkyn, Lucius ... 

Somewhat off topic but Holguin and Redloss made me think of it, I would love a Voted-Lieutenant Praetor or Consul option so we can build them for the other wings.

It makes total sense for the to include VL preator upgrade, I only hope they will not be the only way to unlock -wing RoWs.

Amen.

I'd like to expand your excellent list to also include Alojos, Jubal Khan, Karn, Nykona Sharrowkyn, Lucius ... 

Thanks mate, I'd love to take credit for the list, but I was just paraphrasing from the blurb about Sevatar in the Massacre black book which specifically mentioned Corswain, Sigismund, Abaddon, Raldoran and (maybe) Eidolon.

That's not to say that your additions aren't worthy, just that there's cannonical evidence that specifically places Corswain amongst the very top-tier.

Thramas Crusade is being covered in book 8 so I highly doubt we'll see Luther, Lord Cypher, Zahariel and Astelan (If the last two are even gunna get rules at all)

My guess is we'll see the Lion, Corswain, and either Holguin, Redloss, or both.

Edited by ShadowCore67

Thramas Crusade is being covered in book 8 so I highly doubt we'll see Luther, Lord Cypher, Zahariel and Astelan (If the last two are even gunna get rules at all)

My guess is we'll see the Lion, Corswain, and either Holguin, Redloss, or both.

Perfect. That’s exactly what I would’ve wanted. And if that’s the case then I agree with tour guess entirely.

Just hoping for both Holguin and Redloss, I have been really interested in both of them.

Edited by Corswain