Veritas Vitae and timing of CP expenditure trigger

9x19 Parabellum

So I have a general question about when you spend CP's to purchase certain things, and then that piggy backs off how the Veritas Vitae works.

Let's say I build a battalion of Space Marines (any chapter, but we'll use RG since that's what I use and the Codex is available for everyone to see).  I have 6 CP's to spend.

1.  Do I spend the CP's at the time of my list creation to purchase things like, for example, the Chapter Master upgrade and/or additional Relics?  Or do those purchases happen at the 'start' of a game once I see what my opponent has.

2.  As an extension of that (and pointing the question now at the Blood Angels codex with its itinerant stratagems) does using the veritas vitae begin refunding as soon as you buy it?  So for example, I have a battalion with 6 CP.  I pick the Banner of Sacrifice as my 1 relic.  Then I spend a command point to purchase another relic: the Veritas Vitae. Since I now have it, do I now get to a roll a d6 to see if the Command Point I just spent is refunded? Similarly, if I then go to upgrade my HQ model to a "Death Company" tag, do I roll it again?

So I have a general question about when you spend CP's to purchase certain things, and then that piggy backs off how the Veritas Vitae works.

Let's say I build a battalion of Space Marines (any chapter, but we'll use RG since that's what I use and the Codex is available for everyone to see).  I have 6 CP's to spend.

1.  Do I spend the CP's at the time of my list creation to purchase things like, for example, the Chapter Master upgrade and/or additional Relics?  Or do those purchases happen at the 'start' of a game once I see what my opponent has.

2.  As an extension of that (and pointing the question now at the Blood Angels codex with its itinerant stratagems) does using the veritas vitae begin refunding as soon as you buy it?  So for example, I have a battalion with 6 CP.  I pick the Banner of Sacrifice as my 1 relic.  Then I spend a command point to purchase another relic: the Veritas Vitae. Since I now have it, do I now get to a roll a d6 to see if the Command Point I just spent is refunded? Similarly, if I then go to upgrade my HQ model to a "Death Company" tag, do I roll it again?

On #2, I would say you start rolling when you spend the CP so you are better off having the veritas as your 1 relic and then buying the banner and DC captain and rolling twice to see if you get a CP back.