DC vs X vs SG

Brother Talarian

Dual chain sword VV lose the bolter though. 20 s4 shots (which can be on a different target) before charging is nothing to sneeze at. They do look awesome though! Might have to build some for my flesh tearers...

Yup yup.  But, remember, when you're using the VanVets, you wont be using the move-up strat - which means youre likely to be striking in.  In that case, you dont want to remove casualties to make your charge worse off. 

If you're DC that have raged up the board, those 20 shots are great.  

That's why you'd be shooting at a different target of course.

Imo it's not worth it to replace a Boltgun with a Chainsword.

Different target it would have to be! 

And, do you mean replace a boltgun on the DC for a Chainsword on the Vets?  Otherwise, yeah, total agreement- bolter/Chainsword DC are the shizzle.  Big fan of that build idea. 

Edited by Morticon

Dual chain sword VV lose the bolter though. 20 s4 shots (which can be on a different target) before charging is nothing to sneeze at. They do look awesome though! Might have to build some for my flesh tearers...

Yup yup.  But, remember, when you're using the VanVets, you wont be using the move-up strat - which means youre likely to be striking in.  In that case, you dont want to remove casualties to make your charge worse off. 

If you're DC that have raged up the board, those 20 shots are great.  

That's why you'd be shooting at a different target of course.

Imo it's not worth it to replace a Boltgun with a Chainsword.

Different target it would have to be! 

And, do you mean replace a boltgun on the DC for a Chainsword on the Vets?  Otherwise, yeah, total agreement- bolter/Chainsword DC are the shizzle.  Big fan of that build idea. 

Anywhere. I don't think it's worth it anywhere. :P