Ogryn body guard question

sunspear

I have a few points left over and I thought about throwing in a bodyguard for my commander. I know ripper guns aren't the most optimal for units of ogryns but for a bodyguard would it matter that much? I actually think it might be a better option as at least it may have the chance to shoot once in a while

If you expect a lot of character targeting and the bodyguard to just soak up wounds, you might as well just equip him with nothing at all, or the cheapest options. Good saves won't help against mortal wounds anyway.

But personally, since he is reasonably punchy on his own, I prefer to field my Ogryn bodyguard with the full gear, ie plate, maul, and shield.

Did they change it in the FAQ or the Chapter Approved? Because according to the codex the Deathmask can go on an Infantry Astra Militarum Character, and the bodyguard meets all of the requirements Edited by zero88

Did they change it in the FAQ or the Chapter Approved? Because according to the codex the Deathmask can go on an Infantry Astra Militarum Officer, and the bodyguard meets all of the requirements

Come on guys, reading is essential.

Only requirement is Infantry character. The ogryn is not an officer but he doesn’t need to be.