Goliath comparison vs Guard

Malakithe

They are almost the same height, but much wider. They don't look ridiculous side by side, if you use the Goliaths as Catachans. The main problem is that they are designed for 32mm bases.

I am not 100% sure of the strictness of the rules for basing in this edition (if any), since base size does not matter that much anymore now that templates are gone. But I believe you would still need to put them on 25mm bases, and that might be a bit difficult/inconvenient for some of the poses of the Goliath. Still, it can be done.

They are almost the same height, but much wider. They don't look ridiculous side by side, if you use the Goliaths as Catachans. The main problem is that they are designed for 32mm bases.

I am not 100% sure of the strictness of the rules for basing in this edition (if any), since base size does not matter that much anymore now that templates are gone. But I believe you would still need to put them on 25mm bases, and that might be a bit difficult/inconvenient for some of the poses of the Goliath. Still, it can be done.

Hmm...this gives me hope then. Yeah as far as I know there are no basing 'rules' but 25mm might be difficult. Not to mention equipping those beefy dudes with Cadian standard weapons like lasguns and the occasional plasma gun..Orlocks on the other hand would be super simple to swap arms/weapons

Hmm...this gives me hope then. Yeah as far as I know there are no basing 'rules' but 25mm might be difficult. Not to mention equipping those beefy dudes with Cadian standard weapons like lasguns and the occasional plasma gun..Orlocks on the other hand would be super simple to swap arms/weapons

There are no basing rules other than "not smaller", afaik. So no, 32mm bases are no problem for your Guard :)

There are no basing rules other than "not smaller", afaik. So no, 32mm bases are no problem for your Guard :smile.:

With as many bodies are in the list it could be viewed as power gaming due to the sheer amount of board control that would exist. But those weapon arms are still worrisome