FAQ Thread

Crimson Ghost IX

No-one else noticed that razors can no longer get twin-plasma with lascannon upgrade?

As expected.

There is no current official model for this so it is gone.

Curiously, the Twin-Assault Cannon remained but I suppose you can use the ones from the Land Raider Crusader or the Baal Turret...

I think everybody who feels like it should send a mail and add whatever he feels is important to him. Companies rarely care about one single mail send by a bunch of people but do care when they get multiple individual mails.

While I would agree with you in most instances. If the person sending the email puts a link back to this discussion thread it might help out a bunch too. Can we get someone to craft up an email that we can copy and paste? Would be pretty cool. If no one offers to do this I might be able to get something setup this weekend.

So guys the way In reading Auspex Scan, I have a lot of questions regarding it.

I really think Aggressors should be able to shoot twice if they didn't move in the previous turn, or if the opponent deep strikes turn one < 12" away.

I believe with this stratagem you take priority in your opponent's turn, so if two BA are playing one another and one DS A squad of TDA and want to use the Arch Angels stratagem, does turn player still take priority? they both say immediately? So would Arch Angels resolve followed by Auspex scan? I know in the past turn player has had priority on most decisions such as with the fight phase etc.

Does anyone else think this needs clarification?

What are your thoughts?

Auspex Link

"Use this stratagem immediately after your opponent sets up a unit that is arriving on the battlefield as reinforcements within 12" of one of your <Blood Angel> <infantry> units. Your unit can immediately shoot at that enemy unit as if it were your shooting phase, but you must subtract 1 from all the resulting hit rolls"

Strike of the Archangels

"Use this stratagem Immediately after a <Blood Angels> <terminator> unit grom your army is set up on the battlefield...."

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I really think Aggressors should be able to shoot twice if they didn't move in the previous turn, or if the opponent deep strikes turn one < 12" away.

I believe with this stratagem you take priority in your opponent's turn, so if two BA are playing one another and one DS A squad of TDA and want to use the Arch Angels stratagem, does turn player still take priority? they both say immediately? So would Arch Angels resolve followed by Auspex scan? I know in the past turn player has had priority on most decisions such as with the fight phase etc.

What are your thoughts?

Auspex Link

"Use this stratagem immediately after your opponent sets up a unit that is arriving on the battlefield as reinforcements within 12" of one of your <Blood Angel> <infantry> units. Your unit can immediately shoot at that enemy unit as if it were your shooting phase, but you must subtract 1 from all the resulting hit rolls"

Strike of the Archangels

"Use this stratagem Immediately after a <Blood Angels> <terminator> unit grom your army is set up on the battlefield...."

I honestly feel that this should be determined by the players. However there are rules for this type of debate already in other rules.

When two opposing players are contesting on which immediate action is decided to go first however, you can also lean toward the ruling of who attacks first as mentioned above. If two units have the ability to always strike first then the player whose turn it is will strike first. So if you base it off this ruling then the player dropping the terminator units would be able to use and resolve their stratagem before their opponent.

What are your thoughts?

Auspex Link

Strike of the Archangels

For the Aggressors, I agree that they should get shoot twice with Auspex Scan. Especially since it says "as if it were your shooting phase". 

For Auspex and Strike of the Archangels, they both happen immediately. I believe the rule simultaneous actions is for the players to roll off, but I'm not 100% sure on that without looking it up.

But in this case, it doesn't really matter. Strike of the Archangels is activated when they're set up, but doesn't affect anything for the unit until it starts shooting/fighting. Nothing about the stratagem would change anything about how auspex scan is resolved. 

The Aggressor/Auspex Scan combo doesn't need an FAQ - it's completely clear.  

When 2 stratagems (or anything) come up simultaneously, the rules are also clear - the player who's turn it is decides which happens first.  Page 178 of the BRB under 'Sequencing'

Edited by MeltaRange

What are your thoughts?

Auspex Link

Strike of the Archangels

For the Aggressors, I agree that they should get shoot twice with Auspex Scan. Especially since it says "as if it were your shooting phase". 

For Auspex and Strike of the Archangels, they both happen immediately. I believe the rule simultaneous actions is for the players to roll off, but I'm not 100% sure on that without looking it up.

But in this case, it doesn't really matter. Strike of the Archangels is activated when they're set up, but doesn't affect anything for the unit until it starts shooting/fighting. Nothing about the stratagem would change anything about how auspex scan is resolved. 

It is with regards to them dropping near the banner, encase one of them dies, and a 4+ is rolled in order for them to re-roll their misses from their weapon.

What are your thoughts?

Auspex Link

Strike of the Archangels

It is with regards to them dropping near the banner, encase one of them dies, and a 4+ is rolled in order for them to re-roll their misses from their weapon.

I see. That definitely could have an effect then. 

Personally, I would say that they are activated simultaneously and both immediately take effect. So the terminators would get the re-roll if they died from the Auspex Scan shots. 

• 3 weeks later...

I though I would bring this up. In regards to Blood Lance, the way I'm reading it is you simply pick a unit within 12" of the psyker, and then draw a line, any model within the center of the line takes a mortal wound on a 5+

Does this mean you can hit both friendly units as well as units not originally targeted by psyker?

Example, my opponent has a line of units to screen my advancement, three or more units wholly within 12" of the psyker, one unit is locked in combat, if I pick the furthest unit and both of our models are within the range do I roll for all 4 units, the 3 enemy units & my opponent rolls for my unit locked in combat with his or just the originally targeted unit? 

My interpretation is I roll for all 4 units.

My interpretation is that every model (friend or foe) in line gets targeted. If you happen to fly a librarian next to a gun line with every model in the squad in a line, you get to roll for every model like the 7th ed beam powers. If you decide to shoot through one of your models because it would result in targeting 4 more of your opponent’s that otherwise you can do that, but you will need to roll for your friendly model and possibly wound that model.

Really happy about that change even tho I don't understand their reasoning behind taking the option away and then giving it back!

Now I just need to figure out where to get all those Powerswords since our upgrade pack only has that plain Chainsword. :P

Really happy about that change even tho I don't understand their reasoning behind taking the option away and then giving it back!

Now I just need to figure out where to get all those Powerswords since our upgrade pack only has that plain Chainsword. :tongue.:

Normal powerswords look pretty decent on Primaris models FYI. I'll post some pictures once I have hand swaps completed.

....This annoys me (I am super happy for you guys just to be clear), because the fact Codex Marines lacks Chainsword Options for our Intercessors Sgts is annoying. I mean I likely wouldn’t ever not spend the 4 Points to get the PowSword. But for example, you could do Chainsword-PowSword based on how I am reading the FAQ. So you get 9 STR 4 Attacks and 3 PowSword Attacks in Melee. Grumbles Grumbles.

Awesome for you in any case!