New Beta Rules

TheShredder

Perhaps the restriction on the Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment is to stop people getting the regimental bonus when taken alone in a soup list.

GW does seem to have had a recent spate of addressing problems by multiple nerfs (Conscripts/Commissar, now Astropaths). I like to think that the new beta testing system allows them to take a more coordinated approach. Also, hopefully, drastic nerfs will become less common as more Codices are released and the meta starts to settle.

Depends on your opponent. I've played against Grey Knights when I've brought a lot of psykers (malefic lords in a Chaos list), and they shut down the Grey Knights pretty effectively with all the opportunities to deny, which basically neutered the Grey Knights.

I swear I read somewhere that the beta rules will be in effect for Lad Vegas Open. In recent memory, everything frontline has done for their events, GW has made law. I'd just start playing with the rules and get used to it.

They said they would be testing it at the LVO since it is a massive tournament and the rule is meant for matched play. Makes sense really.