Dark Angels Venerable Dreadnought

Trunkello

So i have been reading through the codex and i did not find the Deathwing keyword anymore on the Ven Dreds. Am i missing something or they really nerfed us on that side too? I would be really pissed if thats the case. Space Wolves have unique Dreadnoughts, Blood Angels have a bunch of unique Dreadnoughts and here we are Dark Angels. We cant even benefit from a single keyword wich does nothing by itself only by a buffing unit such as the Deathwing Ancient and that only gives +1 attack.

Oh yea we can still spend 1 CP to upgrade 1 Dred to Deathwing. One CP again to get the chapter rules wich are free for everyone else. I wonder how Space Wolves would feel if they could only get their Ice frost weapons and other if they spend 1CP to upgrade their regular SM Ven Dreds to Space Wolves Ven Dreds.

Sry for the rant.

1) Copy text.

2) Paste on GW's facebook page or other relevant medium.

3) Wait

4) (Potential) Profit

They probably overlooked it, especially since they paint their Venerable's in bone. Something tells me they are meant to have that keyword. Mention it to GW and await the FAQ.

Thanks i will post on their FB page.

There is a 1cp stratagem that gives particular units the Deathwing keyword.

Yes i know but thats for 1 units and it was for free in the index. That was what made DA Ven-Dreds unique. My problem is that we already have to spend lot of CPs to have rules wich i think supposed to be Chapter Rules in the first place. Like Ravenwing rerolling charge or Deathwing having some kind of buff when they arrive via Deepstrike.

Ven dreads didnt have Deatwing in the Index either i think? Ye it sucks i would rather spend points than CP, i never have more than 5 CP anyways...

They had it in the index. They specify it in the beginning of their section that Dark Angel Ven Dreds have also the Deathwing keyword. Thats why i bought 3 of them to have 3 Dreds 5 attack each with the banner fighting on a WS 2+. I guess those days are gone now along with their 4+ invu from azrael.

Ven dreads didnt have Deatwing in the Index either i think? Ye it sucks i would rather spend points than CP, i never have more than 5 CP anyways...

It's a note just after the list of core Space Marine datasheets that DA armies can include, that Venerable Dreadnoughts are among the units that gain the <DEATHWING> keyword and the Unforgiven ability.

As for whether or not it's an oversight in the Codex, I personally think not, otherwise why bother to include Dreadnoughts as eligible units on the Inner Circle stratagem?

It's a note just after the list of core Space Marine datasheets that DA armies can include, that Venerable Dreadnoughts are among the units that gain the <DEATHWING> keyword and the Unforgiven ability.

As for whether or not it's an oversight in the Codex, I personally think not, otherwise why bother to include Dreadnoughts as eligible units on the Inner Circle stratagem?

For regular dreds and for redemptor. I didnt even think they would strip this rule off from ven dred.